No display on tv from pi
(2017-09-02, 17:06)reddeath68 Wrote: tvservice -s
state 0x40001 [NTSC 4:3], 720x480 @ 60.00Hz, interlaced

That result is great for USA (NTSC),
but for UK you need to set PAL ....

and for me that manual link only asks if you have a manual to upload
Derek
(2017-09-03, 09:59)reddeath68 Wrote: @doug the vcr is hooked to the tv with coaxial not composite however I do have an extra brand new wire for the raspberry pi

Okay, but that doesn't answer the question of whether or not the "new wire" is confirmed as working. Did you use that "new wire" with the old TV (so you can confirm it works)?

Then, you'll also want to test whether the VCR is the problem by plugging the Pi into it and then the VCR into the working TV.
the new wire works on the old tv as well.

the vcr works fine on both the old tv and the new tv.

It is the only way I have video right now on the new tv
(2017-09-03, 19:19)doug Wrote:
(2017-09-03, 09:59)reddeath68 Wrote: @doug the vcr is hooked to the tv with coaxial not composite however I do have an extra brand new wire for the raspberry pi

Okay, but that doesn't answer the question of whether or not the "new wire" is confirmed as working. Did you use that "new wire" with the old TV (so you can confirm it works)?

Then, you'll also want to test whether the VCR is the problem by plugging the Pi into it and then the VCR into the working TV.

sorry about that I can't find the manual online either and the tv was given to me second hand so I don't have a physical one either
Use tvservice to go through the available resolutions/frame rates until you get a picture.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No display on tv from pi0