v17 Segmentation fault, core dumped
Hey guys,
this thing appeared on me after instaled Youtube add-on and played one video on it. Video played nice, then I wanted to play another over web (chorus) interface, kodi crashed to command line and since then I see segmentation fault when I try to run.

Its absolutely classic Raspi3 with KODI installed, connected to TV. No big deal. I scourged senor google, telling me that do_lookup_x is some nvidia problem. I dont think my raspi has ever seen nVidia logo at all.

This is the crash log:

Code:
############## Kodi CRASH LOG ###############

################ SYSTEM INFO ################
Date: Po zář  4 23:19:12 CEST 2017
Kodi Options:
Arch: armv7l
Kernel: Linux 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017
Release: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############

############### STACK TRACE #################
=====>  Core file: /home/pi/core (2017-09-04 23:19:12.695143593 +0200)
        =========================================
[New LWP 9723]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/kodi/kodi_v7.bin --lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  do_lookup_x (new_hash=new_hash@entry=515307694, old_hash=0x76f5c000, old_hash@entry=0x7e8c92b0, result=result@entry=0x7e8c92b8, scope=0x76f5cac4, i=<optimized out>, flags=flags@entry=1, skip=skip@entry=0x0, undef_map=undef_map@entry=0x75b6b5c0) at dl-lookup.c:246

Thread 1 (LWP 9723):
#0  do_lookup_x (new_hash=new_hash@entry=515307694, old_hash=0x76f5c000, old_hash@entry=0x7e8c92b0, result=result@entry=0x7e8c92b8, scope=0x76f5cac4, i=<optimized out>, flags=flags@entry=1, skip=skip@entry=0x0, undef_map=undef_map@entry=0x75b6b5c0) at dl-lookup.c:246
#1  0x76f36afc in _dl_lookup_symbol_x (undef_name=0x75a46762 "_XimProtoOpenIM", undef_map=undef_map@entry=0x75b6b5c0, ref=ref@entry=0x7e8c9384, symbol_scope=symbol_scope@entry=0x75b6b778, version=0x0, type_class=0, flags=flags@entry=1, skip_map=skip_map@entry=0x0) at dl-lookup.c:737
#2  0x76f38928 in elf_machine_rel (reloc=0x75a4b39c, skip_ifunc=<optimized out>, reloc_addr_arg=0x75b4f478 <_XimImSportRec+28>, version=<optimized out>, sym=0x75a40788, map=0x75b6b5c0) at ../ports/sysdeps/arm/dl-machine.h:377
#3  elf_dynamic_do_Rel (skip_ifunc=<optimized out>, lazy=0, nrelative=<optimized out>, relsize=<optimized out>, reladdr=<optimized out>, map=0x75b6b5c0) at do-rel.h:137
#4  _dl_relocate_object (scope=<optimized out>, reloc_mode=<optimized out>, consider_profiling=<optimized out>, consider_profiling@entry=0) at dl-reloc.c:264
#5  0x76f304a0 in dl_main (phdr=<optimized out>, phnum=<optimized out>, user_entry=<optimized out>, auxv=<optimized out>) at rtld.c:2320
#6  0x76f4313c in _dl_sysdep_start (start_argptr=start_argptr@entry=0x7e8ca7a0, dl_main=0x0) at ../elf/dl-sysdep.c:249
#7  0x76f2d37c in _dl_start_final (arg=0x7e8ca7a0, arg@entry=0x0, info=info@entry=0x7e8ca520) at rtld.c:424
#8  0x76f2d60c in _dl_start (arg=0x0) at rtld.c:652
#9  0x76f2ccb0 in _start () from /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

################# LOG FILE ##################

Logfile not found in the usual place.
Please attach it separately.
Use pastebin.com or similar for forums or IRC.

############### END LOG FILE ################

############ END Kodi CRASH LOG #############
Please do not post large® log files on the forum.
Use a text paste website like pastebin.com .
Are you saying you get "segmentation fault" every time you launch kodi now?
First I would try hiding the config directory (mv ~/.kodi ~/.kodi_back) and see if you can launch kodi.
Hey popcornmix, yeah, youre right, every time I run kodi, I got this seg fault.

I actually dont have ~/.kodi folder at all. However I have /root/.kodi (apparently, some time ago I tried to run this as sudo). However, normally I run it as classic user pi - so in my opinion, there should be ~/.kodi folder, as you describe.

I tried to delete /root/.kodi folder, no effect (SIGSEGV still there)
It may be run as user kodi (or some other) What does:
Code:
ls -ld /home/*/.kodi
report?
There is just one folder in /home/, which is pi. So only /home/pi is valid and that contains no .kodi folder.

I tried run find / -type d -name ".kodi" to find the folder .kodi and it just simply does not exist.

I wonder where all my library is stored Smile

Couldnt there be some folder renaming proccess? I think my kodi recently upgraded himself to version 17.3, so maybe there is the bug..
Kodi won't run without a .kodi directory.
It will create one if it doesn't exist (but your current crash may be preventing that).

If you were previously running kodi then you used to have a .kodi directory (in /root if you ran as root with sudo or in /home/pi if you ran as default pi user).

If the directory has gone missing and kodi it crashing then sdcard corruption is a possibility.
If you have a backup then revert to that. Otherwise I'd suggest you recover anything you can from current sdcard and reinstall.
Hi,

I'm also facing the same segmentation fault issue on a raspberry pi v3 model B.
I've removed the ~/.kodi folder but with no success stiil the same symptom, kodi don't start anymore. 
Kodi crash log can be found here https://pastebin.com/4zhuSYbG .
Could be an update issue?
It also happened to me in the past but then I re-installed kodi.
To many segmentation faults is getting me crazy so is time to have a deeper look.

Regards,
Adrian.
(2017-11-19, 22:32)cocostaec Wrote: Hi,

I'm also facing the same segmentation fault issue on a raspberry pi v3 model B.
I've removed the ~/.kodi folder but with no success stiil the same symptom, kodi don't start anymore. 
Kodi crash log can be found here https://pastebin.com/4zhuSYbG .
Could be an update issue?
It also happened to me in the past but then I re-installed kodi.
To many segmentation faults is getting me crazy so is time to have a deeper look.

Regards,
Adrian.
Since you are using a completely different operating system it's fairly unlikely this issue is related to the OP.

I would suggest you start a new thread on the LibreELEC forum, and provide details of how and when this started, and what else is installed on your Raspberry Pi.

Also check you are using a decent power supply, minimum 2Amps, with a decent (thick, not thin) USB cable between power supply and Raspberry Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Segmentation fault, core dumped0