OS X Cannot install
I have tried to install Kodi on my Macbook currently running Sierra 10.12.6. For some reason when I download the Release it doesn't download the actual app, just the background file and volume icon files, also some files called .fseventsd and .trashes

I have checked my settings and I have it set up correctly so that I can install from unknown sources.

The app hasn't been mounted automatically that I can see and although I have downloaded the app previously (then deleted as no longer needed), I can't find any remnants from the previous download in the hidden files.

Any suggestions ?
You download a dmg file and double click it. You are telling that the folder that opens then (with the kodi logo in the background) has no kodi.app inside? Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Correct, I did want to add a screenshot to my original post but couldn't see a way. I've just thought to add it to Imgur so hopefully you can see it https://imgur.com/cDeKDlV
It looks like you have turned on a setting to show hidden files somehow. On your screenshot the actual Kodi.app is focused/selected though. Its there with the Kodi logo - just look close Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot install0