v18 Issues building from sources on Ubuntu
Last night I copied the latest sources from git and followed the instructions specified in the included docs for compilation on Ubuntu/Linux.

These were the issues i encountered (fresh setup of Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.3 with current updates; make with PREFIX=/usr):

Some addons did not build, e.g. audiodecoders due to missing "kodi_audiodec_dll.h"
-> Fixed this by specifying addons known/tested to build as parameter to make

The addons were installed in "/usr/lib/kodi/addons" rather than in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons" which led to kodi not findding required addon files
-> Fixed this by creating a symboli link "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addon" pointing to "/usr/lib/kodi/addons"

"make uninstall" failed due to not finding Uninstall.cmake in "/usr/local/src/kodi/scripts/common"
-> Fixed this by changing the path to "/usr/local/src/kodi/cmake/scripts/common/Uninstall.cmake" in "kodi-build/CMakeFiles/uninstall.dir/build.make"

Is this due to v18 still being in alpha mode or any missing settings (besides the ones mentioned in the docs) on my side?

Is there a better or recommended way for fixing the issues?
Noone else building v18 on Ubuntu who could share a bit of his knowledge how to fix this (I'd rather consider my fixes as "workarounds") or is it just my bad experiencing these issues - but then why is this happening on a freshly installed Ubuntu?
I can't help with the issues you're having as I'm not knowledgeable on Linux, but until someone who is comes along can you confirm that you are following:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.ubuntu
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ADME.linux
I followed the two documents precisely and I could build kodi v18 successfully. I've come to believe that first issue is simply a bug in CMakeLists.txt:
Change line:
Code:
add_custom_target(uninstall COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -P ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/scripts/common/Uninstall.cmake)
to:
Code:
add_custom_target(uninstall COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -P ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/scripts/common/Uninstall.cmake)

While the third issue is probably due to some addons not yet being fully adapted to v18 I'm still struggling with issue 2.

I assumme I need to append another parameter to
Code:
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/usr ADDONS="..."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues building from sources on Ubuntu0