xbox 360 remote doesn't fully work
Video 
I am trying to find a bloody remote that will fully work with my Intel NUC in Windows 10 and Kodi. My universal remote works with the Microsoft remote programming but without getting into it can't use this here. I need a standalone remote just for the NUC. This is supposed to be compatible. Off or in hibernate the logitech remote will turn the device on or off with discrete inputs. This is basically the remote:

With the above remote I can control everything and even put the NUC to sleep, but it won't turn it back on. I use the XBox button to turn it off, but the same button won't turn it on. That button will however turn on or off my actual XBox 360. What gives? I thought this remote was fully compatible from what I read. Anyone know what's up with powering on the device? You can't tell me that this remote isn't RC6 compliant.

Thanks.

JR
I happen to have the exact same setup. Powering on the nuc with this (or any rc6 compatible) remote should work.
I must admit i put my machine to (and out of) sleep for various reasons (for example live tv recording schedules) so i havent played around with poweron too much. I suggest checking your bios settings, in particular your remote type selection.

See: https://communities.intel.com/thread/88765
Thanks for the link but different than mine. Still interesting read including the link to supported hardware which shows three xbox remotes, two of which I have. I think everything I can activate on the NUC is. I have enable CIR checked. Have wake in S3,S4,S5 with CIR enabled. It only works with my discrete commands on my Logitech. The power toggle of the xbox power button on the black xbox remote, and now my white one just arrived, works the same.

So

Black xbox 360 remote can turn the device off but xbox button doesn't turn it on.
White xbox 360 remote same deal but called ON/OFF
Logitech programed with Microsoft Digital Media remote has discrete on and off and both work individually.
Black and White xbox remotes will also turn the xbox 360 on and off.
The Logitech will not turn it on or off.

JR
I read this on the Intel forum: You have to enable CIR and Disable Deep S5.
Could you try that ..?
You must run regedit in win10 to work with kodi, works with my NUC and xbox360 remote
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186958

Open the registry. Scroll down to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da
Find the REG_DWORD named CodeSetNum0 and change the value to Zero. Reboot the PC and enjoy.

And Power on/off with my xbox360 remote has always worked with my NUCConfused
That didn't work for me. Even tried deleting CodeSetNum1 to 3 or whatever. Also tried changing CodeSetNum1 to a value of 8 as some suggest. Didn't change anything. Did your remote work at all before that change? (maybe your last sentence means only the power on/off worked initially until your change) Keep in mind mine works 100% other than powering on. Also I assume you are using the On/Off button on the white unit or the XBox button on the newer black remote to turn it on and off assuming yours is a Microsoft remote? So using a toggle on/off rather than discrete on/off buttons? I still find it odd that the discrete Off button on the Logitech remote will turn off the NUC, but not the XBox. Yet the XBox remote turns off the NUC and the XBox. Seems odd.

Note I just tried installing Windows 10 fresh, no joy. Tried Windows 8.1 even though no 8 drivers but the 10 drivers worked but still same deal no power on working.

Ordered another one to test as I've read about people having two of these and the remote working on one and not the other.

JR
I would leave anything in windows as-is. That part works.
What model nuc do you own? I use a d25054wyk with the same remote and turning it on from cold state worked ootb.

See if you have the latest bios for your model installed. Also, i just now noticed that you are trying to turn on the nuc with the X button. I dont think that will work. The nuc will not have any way to know that it should be monitoring that button (apparantly the xbox does, which is not surprising actually).

This remote has two power buttons to the upper left and right of the X.
These produce signals that should be picked up by a selection of devices.

The 'tv' one can be taught to poweron some types of tv's and the right one i use for the nuc.
Try that, i am curious why it wouldn't work in your case. If you get this to work you have the ideal remote imo.
Thanks Atreyu. I may have mentioned the X but just testing. I am generally assuming the XBox button to the right of it is the answer. Just tried programming the X to be a wake command but didn't do anything.

My NUC is the NUC7I3BNK and am on the latest firmware and drivers. Unlike pics I see of some NUC's mine does not have an option to select XBox Remote or RC6 like the thread you posted above showed. Just to enable CIR and allow CIR on S3 thru S5.

Thanks.

JR
Nm, found something not related to your issue.
If i find something ill post here
Thanks for your help. That setting is at max performance. Unlike some people who's IR disappears completely, though that has happened once, mine works out the gate. Just the power on not working.

Thanks

JR
Yeah, noticed and corrected Undecided
Have you read this? Sounds far-fetched but worth a try. Dont mind its on the OE forum..
http://openelec.tv/forum/107-suspend-and...lease-help (from post#6 onwards)
same set-up as you, any news on the subject? did you handle it?
what did you mean in the marked line?

Black xbox 360 remote can turn the device off but xbox button doesn't turn it on.
White xbox 360 remote same deal but called ON/OFF
Logitech programed with Microsoft Digital Media remote has discrete on and off and both work individually.
Black and White xbox remotes will also turn the xbox 360 on and off.
The Logitech will not turn it on or off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox 360 remote doesn't fully work0