Distorted sound with active patthrough
Hello,

today i installed the last master (14.09.) of Leia. The Problem I have is, the the sound is distorted and timed when paththrough is activated.

When I disable paththrough sound will be fine with my AC3 Receiver throug SPDIF.

Has this problem anybody else or is there a solution? Thank you

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
Similar problem: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321390

Maybe something Leia has in common with Krypton. I'm considering rolling back to Jarvis, which was actually stable.
Hello,

to deactive StereoUpmix and active again fix the problem.
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
Hi, sorry, not solved... With the newest last X64 builds the problem is bigger than before.

If I start a 5.1DD Movie or 5.1DD TV it starts with a scratched noise and the offset is up to 2 sec. The only way to clear I have to switch off paththrough.

Hope you will find it

Uwe
Hi again,

any news to fix this Problem? Is this a problem with DVBLink?

Uwe
Good Morning,

What I do not understand. Live-TV in 5.1 Dolby runs without interference. The same program recorded have offset in Playback.
My recordings are recorded by DVBLink as .ts File. These have offset. Old records with MCE also in 5.1 have no offset.

Can I help to fix the Problem?
Hi,

today I tried something. I converted a .ts file to a .mkv file. Here all is ok and the sound is good without offset. Can it be, that Kodi don't like .ts and paththrough? Can somebody check it?

Uwe
Sorry for the google translation...
 Hello,

new realization.

TV recordings in the recording folder on the server have the time offset during playback. However, these are only the ones that are stored as 2 channel sound. A real DD5.1 ​​recording does not have these distortions. The relationship exists when "Convert to DD AC3" is enabled in the audio settings. The conversion of the sound format thus generates the time offset in the audio output. If this switch is not set, all recordings are played back correctly. Problem here is that it then comes to different volumes during playback between DD and 2-channel sound. In addition, input streams from Netflix and Amazon have no sound because they are "sent" in DD +.

Strange is and remains that these 2.0 shots, stored in the film folder from there without these problems are reproduced. Where's the difference? The conversion to AC3 happens in Kodi ...

Maybe someone has an idea what that may be

greetings Uwe
New update...

Yesterday i tried to solve my 24Hz Black screen problem with my intel Grafic... I changed it to a Nvidia 200 Card and the 24Hz Screen is running. But here I have the Problem, that every time, when Kodi changes the Frequency, Kodi stops working with a crash.

Today I changed the Nvidia to a old AMD Radeon Card and what should I say... The black screen is solved and the lag with records is also fixed...

I don't know why now all is running and all problems gone, but my 4 years old radeon Card is the solver for all my problems...

Kind regards Uwe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distorted sound with active patthrough0