Multiple displays crashing Krypton 17.4 on startup
Had this same issue on 17.3

Kodi 17.4 is crashing on startup when multiple displays are attached. If I disconnect the second and third monitor (DisplayPort and HDMI on Late 2014 Retina Macbook with 10.11.6 El Capitan) it works fine.

@Karellen- Logs removed
@Reddle

We do not allow posting of logs directly in the forum. Please use a public pastebin site.

Kodi is not designed to work with multiple displays attached. Any remedies offered here are simply hacks, and you perform at your own risk.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-15, 01:11)Karellen Wrote: Kodi is not designed to work with multiple displays attached. Any remedies offered here are simply hacks, and you perform at your own risk.

So the only supported way is to unplug my other two display's?
Is there no way to disable them from KODI via some settings, something to tell KODI to only consider the main display?
1. try with 2 displays only - does it still crash?
2. post the crashreporter log and the debug log (wiki) from the crash via pastebin.com
3. @Karellen - yes we put a certain amount of work into multimonitor support on osx, linux and windows (even ios via mirroring or hdmi adapter). Considering this a hack is wrong. It might be buggy (especially on osx where we still didn't manage to implement native windowing and are relying on SDL).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-09-15, 07:21)Memphiz Wrote: 1. try with 2 displays only - does it still crash?
2. post the crashreporter log and the debug log (wiki) from the crash via pastebin.com
3. @Karellen - yes we put a certain amount of work into multimonitor support on osx, linux and windows (even ios via mirroring or hdmi adapter). Considering this a hack is wrong. It might be buggy (especially on osx where we still didn't manage to implement native windowing and are relying on SDL).

Yes I tried with 2 monitors and get the same result.

Log files for 3 monitors are at: https://pastebin.com/i2VCFcxL 
Log files for two monitors are at: https://pastebin.com/iRBz8nU8

Real bummer I can't use Kodi while monitors are connected.
I need the crash report in addition
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple displays crashing Krypton 17.4 on startup0