Solved Live TV or recordings show up but don't play
I have Serverwmc running on my Windows 7 Media Center. Its configured and sees my recordings and TV tuners.

I have pvr.wmc running on my Nvidia Shield Android TV. When running Kodi I can see my live TV channels and all my recorded content. When I try and play live TV or a recorded file the Kodi busy wheel spins for a couple seconds but no video plays.

log file
One thing I forgot to mention is that I setup severwmc Kodi login credentials the same as the Windows 7 administrator account that running media center. Maybe this is the problem since the guide says to make a standard user account for the Kodi client? Folders: - “Use Credentials for non-windows Kodi clients”
The problem is that your client machine is not getting access to your recorded tv folder, so you're on the right track. The credentials entered on the folders tab of serverwmc should be for the account serverwmc is started with, which I'm guessing is the same one wmc is run with. Looking at the log, it looks to me like the credentials are blank. Please check that.

If you have the credentials correct then, again on the folders tab, in the network path to the rec tv folder, use the ip address of the wmc machine rather then the machine name in the network path.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2017-09-19, 17:46)krustyreturns Wrote: The problem is that your client machine is not getting access to your recorded tv folder, so you're on the right track. The credentials entered on the folders tab of serverwmc should be for the account serverwmc is started with, which I'm guessing is the same one wmc is run with. Looking at the log, it looks to me like the credentials are blank. Please check that.

If you have the credentials correct then, again on the folders tab, in the network path to the rec tv folder, use the ip address of the wmc machine rather then the machine name in the network path.

Thank you. Working now.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV or recordings show up but don't play0