Video stuttering on new network bridge - Log included
Morning. Have created a network bridge on my Netgear R7000 (router) to my X4S (modem/router). Now experiencing video stutter when running Kodi via RPI3 when accessing the NAS (PopcornHour - A400) that are both wired to the R7000. No issues streaming 4K videos from the WWW. Appears only when accessing the NAS media on a NFS connection.

https://pastebin.com/UcBA5BN0

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!
@80njc80

That log is no good for the following reasons...

1. Debug has not been enabled. Settings>System Settings>Logging
2. It is obvious you have patched two logs together, or taken a fair whack of the log out of the middle. You need to provide one log that has not been redacted.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok. Odd. Will reissue.
Take 2.

Log file keeps outputting this:

https://pastebin.com/c1MiiMPj
When running the video it crashes pretty hard (low pauses). Could this be impacting log output?

This is Kodi.OLD:

https://pastebin.com/u99hGsrK
Time jump is normal on the pi's cause there is no rtc onboard, on reboot such a jump would happen if kodi was started before ntp sync.

This is is still NOT a debug log.
Read "Debug log" link in Karellen's signature and enable it.
Try to reproduce the issue and upload the log once the issue was reproduced.
A clean non-debug log right after reboot has no use.
Quote:Time jump is normal on the pi's cause there is no rtc onboard, on reboot such a jump would happen if kodi was started before ntp sync.
Thanks @asavah. I was not aware of that. I have never touched a RPI in my life.

@80njc80

I think you may be going wrong with the following...

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm enabling log. Rebooting then recreating errors ie video playback. After stutturing I turn off debug then post to forum. Is that not correct? The logs are what is produced. Am I missing something?

APOLOGIES. Here is the log:

https://pastebin.com/NuMDNdAX

Thank you!!!

Edit: Refreshing source paths did not help.
Removed library now refetching media from nas but taking a long time to scrap. Did clean library and found old path still evident but source was removed. Why is bridged Ethernet connection having issues? Any ideas? Streaming media on pc from nas on same bridge also stutteringHuh

Wifi is blacklisted ATM.
Check that the link speed both on your Netgear R7000 and connected devices is the right one (ie for pi it would be 100Mbit)
Bad electrical contact or improperly plugged or oxidized ethernet jacks could cause the link speed to fall down to 10Mbit half duplex,
which could explain the shitty speeds you are experiencing.
Also try changing eth ports on your netgear and checking the cables.
I'm not familiar with that netgear of yours, can't offer any tips, but if "Streaming media on pc from nas on same bridge also stuttering" I'd seek support from netgear or
some forum where those routers are discussed, it looks like this is not a Kodi or pi specific issue.
There are various speed test tools. iperf is probably a good option.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cheers lads. The link rate according to the genie app says it's +1000mps for the R7000, NAS (A400), PS3 and RPI3 (LibreElec) on the bridge. Orange light on the router for pi indicating less than Gb connection but app says differently. Iperf an option but difficult to install on nas side.

It's probable not a kodi issue but this is one of the best forums for brainstorming. New Cat 6 cables connecting all devices. May have dust in the connection points.

Would a log while scrapping help identify network issues?
The pi is 100Mbps (max)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I suspect some routing issue on the router after setting up the bridge.

Is there any need to set up a bridge? I can't figure out why that is needed.

Try using traceroute to see where your packets are going.
The router shows an orange light for the pi which is a less than gb connection. Using bridge because I don't want to cables in this house and try something new. Inbuilt wifi allowed 4K with no issues.

Will telnet into nas and run traceroute if a recognised command of Linux system.

Nfs transfers at 3mb to pc via nfs but periodically keeps dropping to 0kb. Losing connection?

Cheers for your time.

C:\Users\XXXXXXX>tracert 192.168.1.6

Tracing route to PCH-A400 [192.168.1.6]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms 4 ms 5 ms PCH-A400 [192.168.1.6]

Trace complete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering on new network bridge - Log included0