Media playback stops every 5 minutes
I have two IPads, an Ipad 2 and an Ipad Pro. The ipad2 is jailbroken and the ipad pro is not. I run Kodi on both of them. The media files are the same for both and are on NAS units and the Kodi config is identical on both units as I can see.

Whenever I play a media file, say a movie or other file it plays fine on the jailbroken Ipad 2 and plays through. However when the same or any other media is played on the Ipad Pro, it stops after about 5 minutes and has to be started again, when it gives the option of resume or start from beginning. Again it plays for about 5 minutes and stops.

When I try and play the same movie in VLC instead of Kodi on the Ipad Pro, it plays through and does not stop which makes me sure that it is something to do with Kodi only.

I have wracked my brains for a solution and also looked here and elsewhere but not found a solution.

Sincerely appreciate if someone would tell me the solution.
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: The entire debug log is required. Partial logs may be ignored.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi! Thanks. Here is the link to the full logfile that I made

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25626904/

Trust it helps in finding out what goes wrong when the media stops playing
Code:
18:29:35.729 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
18:29:35.730 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )
18:29:35.730 T:6164115456   ERROR: ffmpeg[16F68F000]: [matroska,webm] Read error
18:29:35.733 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
18:29:35.734 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )
18:29:35.734 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
18:29:35.734 T:6164115456   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )
18:29:43.472 T:6167556096   DEBUG: CVideoPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_EOF

does this only happen with samba sources? can you try something else? (upnp or nfs for example). Looks like the connection to the samba server gets interrupted for some reason.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok I will try and then revert, but why only on the ipad Pro and not ipad 2
I am trying NFS first on my Windows 10 machine and have enabled NFS service and permissions on the NAS, NFS Client and service is also enabled in Windows 10.
When I try to add a video source and browse to Network File System, it takes me to my device which is 192.168.1.6. On selecting this, it shows the various shares for example /VOLUME1/HDMovies; but I am unable to select this or any other share when I click on it. (Nothing happens when I click on it) Possibly I have missed out on some step.

Appreciate your help
i guess file system permissions or user mapping is not right. have a read in the nfs wiki section (link in my signature)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media playback stops every 5 minutes0