Hey, welcome back!
Welcome back guys, bet it’s been a stressful couple of weeks.
Thanks as always for your efforts!
(2017-10-07, 16:02)FXB78 Wrote: I would think if you're using Desktop it should default to Desktop theme, and if you're using a Mobile browser it would default to Mobile theme.

^ This.

I haven't had the luxuary yet to view the forum on a bigger screen, but this is how it usually works. 
If I understand you guys correctly it always defaults to mobile view? That, to me, would not be...ideal.
But as I understand it things are still being worked on.

Good to see the forum revived anyway..!
Hello Atreyu,

Quote:If I understand you guys correctly it always defaults to mobile view?

Definitely not the case, if I understand your comment correctly. Not sure why others seem to be having issues, but if you look at some of the screenshots in the new Forum Bugs thread, you can see the desktop version clearly visible. I am not having that issue, and the other Team members I have communicated with are not having that issue either.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Welcome back guys. Mobile layout needs a few tweaks. If could use some ideas from Libreelec forum, their mobile layout is nicely done.

Few questions.

1. Will the user be notified if someone replies to their post or mentions them in a comment using @Username?

2. Showing the full quoted text each time is bit tedious. Having a few lines of the quote with a show more button would be nice.

3. Text contrast and colours could have a look into.

Good get forum back up and running 😀
(2017-10-07, 13:16)jjd-uk Wrote: Short Answer - Yes it is still MyBB.

Long Answer - We have been working on upgrading the forum software from MyBB 1.6 to 1.8 with a new theme for a while now. The old forum server is still currently MIA after being turned off for a physical move by the host provider to a new data centre location. This has forced our hand as the delay was causing the forum to be down for an unacceptable length of time, so we’ve had to rush bringing the MyBB 1.8 update with the new theme live, hence there maybe some rough edges that need ironing out.

I love this theme. It looks modern and so in tune with Kodi's latest themes. Seeing how you all were rushed to make this happen, kudos! Great work!! Squashing of bugs can take place at its own pace. Smile
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

I am glad the forum is back.  I was getting withdrawal.  I for one am loving the new look and haven't found any issues yet.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-10-08, 11:56)the_bo Wrote: Welcome back guys. Mobile layout needs a few tweaks. If could use some ideas from Libreelec forum, their mobile layout is nicely done.

Few questions.

1. Will the user be notified if someone replies to their post or mentions them in a comment using @Username?

2. Showing the full quoted text each time is bit tedious. Having a few lines of the quote with a show more button would be nice.

3. Text contrast and colours could have a look into.

Good get forum back up and running 😀

the forum is still a stock installation with no plugins what so ever installed. But now that we finally migrated to myBB 1.8 we will add usefull plugins like the @-mention one, which simply was not available for the old forum version. The rest of the theme will be tweaked to our needs over time. We first need to get everythiing into GIT now, so that people can work in parallel on it, and ofc you guys can also create PRs to finetune the theme etc
So good to have you back.
I like the new look for the most part. The lighter text is a bit more effort to read thats all.
I really like having a mobile friendly version also.
Keep up the great work and THANK YOU to the Kodi Team!
(2017-10-08, 05:29)Karellen Wrote: Hello Atreyu,

Quote:If I understand you guys correctly it always defaults to mobile view?

Definitely not the case, if I understand your comment correctly. Not sure why others seem to be having issues, but if you look at some of the screenshots in the new Forum Bugs thread, you can see the desktop version clearly visible. I am not having that issue, and the other Team members I have communicated with are not having that issue either.
Confirmed. Looks fine in full Desktop mode.
Just want to say I like the new forum look. Yes, there are some issues here and there, but as was indicated from the start it's being worked on. A big thank you to everyone involved in getting this set up.

Some of the people here should seriously reflect on their disgusting sense of entitlement. You are the same tools that get riled up when Facebook or Youtube changes their layout I assume. It's 2017, learn to deal with a change every now and then.
Just wanted to say that I think the forum looks neat. I don't know if you are planning on keeping myBB in the long run, but I think that it serves its purpose well. I haven't had any troubles using it as of yet.
Mark as Read.

On the old layout I used to be able to set all posts as read.

I can't see this option in the new format. Is it available/where do I find the option?
You can still do that.

To mark the entire forum as read go to the bottom of the forum to just below the "Who's online" section. Under that you will see 4 small icons . They are- Logout, Mark Read, Forum Team and Forum Statistics.

Guess which one it is Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
And for single sub forums, open the sub forum and the same tick icon can be found in the upper right hand corner, beside the subscribe + icon.

Or you can click the diamond icon beside the sub forum name, which will mark it read (similar to the old forum mechanics).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thx for your great, hard work!
I like the new style.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hey, welcome back!0