Any android boxes that can decode DTSX/Atmos etc into LCPM?
I thought the Nvidia Shield can do it, but I guess it can bitstream/passthrough for the AVR to decode. Looking to decode audio and pass LPCM to the minidsp nano-avr for Dirac Live DSP. 

Using Plex as my Media Server, but open to other platforms.
I don't believe DTS:X/Atmos can be decoded and transferred as LPCM as it needs the accompanying metadata. Unless you mean decode the base TrueHD or DTS-MA track to LPCM, in that case yes Kodi can do that.
(2017-10-11, 20:16)Jdiesel Wrote: I don't believe DTS:X/Atmos can be decoded and transferred as LPCM as it needs the accompanying metadata. Unless you mean decode the base TrueHD or DTS-MA track to LPCM, in that case yes Kodi can do that.

Ah - was hoping X/Atmos would be possible but i guess content is still few.  The shield should have no problems with the newest Kodi + Plex addon decoding Dolby TrueHD/DTS-MA/DTS-HD to LPCM?
It can't be done, object-based doesn't work like channel-based audio where audio for each channel has already been mixed at the producing stage and the player simply output each channel to corresponding speaker; with object-based audio the content come with some kind of positioning metadata, depends on your speakers setup and positioning of them in your viewing area, the content may be delivered to one or more speakers and the amount need to be calculated to properly deliver real positioning effect.

There are many Atmos enabled products out there but most of them are, frankly speaking, waste of money. To have true object-based immersive audio you need at least four overhead speakers with an AVR that can measure angle with a decent calibrated microphone.

If you want to use DL based DSP with Atmos/DTS:X you need an AVR, have it setup your speaker, zero out level, distance (delay) and EQ, connect the pre-outs to your DSP and have DL do its job, the angle measurement is the most important requirement here, don't forget to have four (two is passable) overhead speakers mounted.
(2017-10-11, 20:16)Jdiesel Wrote: I don't believe DTS:X/Atmos can be decoded and transferred as LPCM as it needs the accompanying metadata. Unless you mean decode the base TrueHD or DTS-MA track to LPCM, in that case yes Kodi can do that.
That is my understanding as well. Yes Spacial Object Metadata is lost.

Not all Android boxes can output Multichannel PCM Audio, they need mods in Android Firmware to allow this.
I do know the Android boxes - NVIDIA Shield, MINIX U9, and the WeTek Play2 / Hub are capable.

Unsure of how Plex might mess with such Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Audio - that is the million dollar question.

We care little about Plex since we are a Kodi forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any android boxes that can decode DTSX/Atmos etc into LCPM?0