v18 Subtitle image?
Question 
Hi,

Is there a way or of not Will there be an option for watching subtitle that is image based?

Cheers.
That's a thing I hear for the first time. How does that basically work, does it require a sh*tload of gifs/jpgs/pngs/tifs next to the video, and those are simply displayed over the video? Or are they somehow separately embedded already into the video file. Aren't text files a lot easier than images as subtitles, in terms of filesize?
I'm pretty sure Kodi supports PGS and VOBSUB subtitles which are actually bitmaps, not text based. In my files, they're muxed into the MKV container with the video/audio tracks.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
True DVD subs are also image-based and displayed fine.

Do you have an example of image-based subs that do not work (or please explain if you mean something completely different)
(2017-10-15, 11:21)Atreyu Wrote: True DVD subs are also image-based and displayed fine.

Do you have an example of image-based subs that do not work (or please explain if you mean something completely different)

Here I heard that Kodi doesn't support it.
https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid.../issues/95
So this is with the Netflix addon, in which case it's either the addon itself that currently can't support the image subtitles, or that Netflix isn't using a format of image subtitles that we currently support in which case we would need to know what they use.
(2017-10-15, 11:21)Atreyu Wrote: True DVD subs are also image-based and displayed fine.

They support it however whats not supported is that they dont move by the subtitle mover..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle image?0