Solved NVIDIA Shield - Movies/TV will not update
Stuck on this one, been working on it all evening, and no go. Probably a stupid 10 second fix, but brain fried and a little rusty on the Kodi magic.

Setup: Main files, SQL server, and backends on windows machine. Other front end clients are windows all using MYSQL (Therefore negating the need for mapped sources in File Manager).  Source files are server\television (for TV Shows) and server\Theatrical (For Movies)

Bought a new shield today, and copied over advanced settings and other data from the client it was replacing. Fired up Kodi, Movies and TV Shows imported the data from MYSQL, and all other aspects seemed well.  Except for when I went to access (Watch) either Movies or TV Shows. Nothing was working. Noticed on a reboot, that the TVDB and Movie DB scan that normally runs - did not.

Double checked everything - then remembered it must be a SMB issue (had these problems with old android set up a couple of years ago). 

Did a passwords.xml file - but left it generic to point to the server:
<path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://server.ip</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@Server.ip</to>
    </path>
NOTE: I strictly used IP vice network name. 

Fired back up Kodi, and IMDB/MOVIEDB back to normal scanning. YAY! but.... It kept repeating. Though the files would play now, it scanning kept going and I realized that it must be searching all of the shared folders (??).

Dumped it, and changed it to:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://server.ip/Television</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@Server.ip/Television/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://server.ip/Theatrical</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@Server.ip/Theatrical/</to>
    </path>
<path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://server.ip/Regular Videos</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@Server.ip/Regular Videos/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

annnnnnnd... everything seemed to load fine - didn't see a update of the IMBD/MOVIEDB. Tried a show, and it worked.  So I tried to do a manual update in TV SHOWS, and TVDB keeps going up to 100, and restarting. 

I am letting it run to see what happens, and so far I am not seeing a doubling of content (like if I were to add in the direct sources in file manager and happens with MYSQL)

The regular videos is another directory that has some random stuff in it. That one works in Media Sources.

Anyways rambling at this point and have to goto bed... any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Quick update: The scan finally stopped, and at risk of doing it again.. i rescanned. This time the TVDB went quick, and the MovieDB repeated a couple of times and stopped.  Trying a third time - same results. Everything seems to play - and there are no duplicates. So maybe it's working normally again?  Will have another couple of shows coming in tomorrow so will see what happens.  But of course any input would be appreciated, including "you are an idiot, it was going to do that the first time around".
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Marked as solved. For me the password file cleared issued. Have not seen any negative results.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield - Movies/TV will not update0