"Put monitor on sleep whe idle" missing in Power Options
Hi all,

does anyone know why there is no "put monitor on sleep when idle" item in PowerOptions menu anymore? I cant see it on Kodi 17, nor Kodi 16 Im running on Raspberry 3, resp. 2. Was it moved somewhere?
I might be wrong, but I don't think the Raspberry Pi supports power saving.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
This may be close to what you want:
https://github.com/asavah/script.pidisplaypower
(2017-10-28, 19:45)speedwell68 Wrote: I might be wrong, but I don't think the Raspberry Pi supports power saving.
It's ludicrous to begin with, knowing the RPi's idle power usage. The majority of Rpi users do not power down at all.
But I think this was all about powering down the monitor only, which would be a nice option.
(2017-10-30, 14:19)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 19:45)speedwell68 Wrote: I might be wrong, but I don't think the Raspberry Pi supports power saving.
It's ludicrous to begin with, knowing the RPi's idle power usage. The majority of Rpi users do not power down at all.
But I think this was all about powering down the monitor only, which would be a nice option.

I have 4 running 24/7/365.  They never crash and the only time they get rebooted is when LibreELEC gets updated.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
If your monitor/display supports CEC over HDMI, you could always set the monitor to enter standby mode when your screensaver kicks in.
I have installed PiMon. Its simply a screensaver that puts monitor to standby mode. Probably very similar to that PiDisplayPower someone was mentioning above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Put monitor on sleep whe idle" missing in Power Options0