Trouble installing Libreelec on Mecool M8s Pro Plus
Hi guys,

based on some recommendations found here I purchased the Mecool M8s Pro Plus to run Kodi via Libreelec.

But: it seems that this (or my?) box does not have a reset button. There is the tiny hole on the downside of the box, opposite from the LAN and HDMI connectors but there is no button. I tried a toothpick and an office clip but it just does not „click“.

Any hints?

Best, Alex
(2017-10-28, 08:23)Senseohasser Wrote: Hi guys,

based on some recommendations found here I purchased the Mecool M8s Pro Plus to run Kodi via Libreelec.

But: it seems that this (or my?) box does not have a reset button. There is the tiny hole on the downside of the box, opposite from the LAN and HDMI connectors but there is no button. I tried a toothpick and an office clip but it just does not „click“.

Any hints?

Best, Alex

Suggest you go to the LibreELEC site:- https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5848-8-1-10-libreelec-8-2-for-s912/?postID=67144#post67144

Also suggest you put LibreELEC on an fast SDCard and use dual boot, then you don't overwrite android/nand, then you don't need reset button :-)
Have to start drawing the line here....

This Kodi Hardware Subforum is NOT for Software support or installation help.

All LibreELEC or any other sort of Kodi forks (versions) that need software support firmly belong on their respective external forums - that is exactly where detailed support and help should be asked for.

Numerous threads are now popping up on a continual basis asking the same sort of general LE Software support questions. This is an actual Kodi Hardware Subforum.
Because of that I'm closing this thread.

Having said all the above, there are a bunch of links in THIS Post for LE M8S Pro+
And new boxes with NO reset button need the following commands to be issued in any Android Terminal App to initiate LibreELEC installs.

Code:
su
reboot update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble installing Libreelec on Mecool M8s Pro Plus0