Apple TV (4th generation): ios 11.0 - internal API error
I get an "internal API error" when trying to install Kodi on my 4th Gen Apple TV. I had installed Kodi correctly a few months back on my Apple TV using the USB-C cable, but now I get this error.

Quote:App installation failed
There was an internal API error.

I tried with both these builds, but no difference.

Quote:kodi-20170703-1c88e5f--tvos.deb
kodi-20171024-b184048-yab-tvos.deb

Using Xcode Version 9.0.1
on MacOS High Sierra v10.13

I also tried downloading the .tar.gz and compiling it, but looks like the project is created for the MacOSX and not the tvOS platform.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks
Jim
Try deleting the existing app and running the install again. You cannot install an app that has a different signing profile over top of the one that is currently installed.
(2017-10-30, 08:02)kavy Wrote: Try deleting the existing app and running the install again. You cannot install an app that has a different signing profile over top of the one that is currently installed.
 SO i have deleted to project and re done the project steps according to the redmond pie website. I have a paid developer account and I have had Kodi installed on my Apple TV4 for the last year and done previous upgrades in the past no issues. My account is setup for auto renewal. I have used the latest 1.9 App Signer Application and when trying to Add the IPA file I get the internal API error. Suggestions? Thoughts?
You are over thinking it.
No need to build the app or even open the project on Xcode at all if you are using dans iOS signer. 

1. Add device to your device list on apple developer site
2. create provisioning profile on apple developer site.
3. add device to provision profile.
4. download provision profile.
5. Open Xcode, click devices and add said provisioning profile to device.
6. Sign kodi with providing profile created above with dans iOS app signer.
7. enjoy your home library for 12 months.
(2017-11-26, 07:26)kavy Wrote: You are over thinking it.
No need to build the app or even open the project on Xcode at all if you are using dans iOS signer. 

1. Add device to your device list on apple developer site
2. create provisioning profile on apple developer site.
3. add device to provision profile.
4. download provision profile.
5. Open Xcode, click devices and add said provisioning profile to device.
6. Sign kodi with providing profile created above with dans iOS app signer.
7. enjoy your home library for 12 months.
My first ATV works fine, I'm trying to install onto a 2nd for the bedroom since getting rid of sky and I just can't get it to load. I've tried various things including the steps above but I'm still getting the API error.

The only difference I can think of is that the new one is running os 11. Tearing my hair out now!!
I ran across the same issue a couple of days ago. I got a second ATV4 that i wanted to install kodi on.

Try the "If you have additional devices" from step 5 of the first post of this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978

I had forgotten about that part and gave me the same error after trying to install the ipa file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV (4th generation): ios 11.0 - internal API error0