Netflix box preferably able to be wired, cheap
(2017-10-29, 01:11)wrxtasy Wrote: The 1080p Netflix capable AMLogic S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L is both faster and has far better WiFi and actual working Bluetooth vs the M8S Pro+

I find it hard to recommend the M8S Pro+ these days because of serious problems it has had with dodgy batches of eMMC flash storage that has caused all sorts of issues. That is Chinese quality control for you at the budget end of the market.

The best unofficial Android TV ROM for Netflix, dual boot LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic devices is found on the WeTek Play2
Does the AMLogic S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L also support 5.1 sound when using Netflix?
(2017-11-21, 05:11)SilverBlade Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 01:11)wrxtasy Wrote: The 1080p Netflix capable AMLogic S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L is both faster and has far better WiFi and actual working Bluetooth vs the M8S Pro+

I find it hard to recommend the M8S Pro+ these days because of serious problems it has had with dodgy batches of eMMC flash storage that has caused all sorts of issues. That is Chinese quality control for you at the budget end of the market.

The best unofficial Android TV ROM for Netflix, dual boot LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic devices is found on the WeTek Play2
Does the AMLogic S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L also support 5.1 sound when using Netflix?  
 Yes.
Like all Android TV Netflix Apps on other Android TV Hardware platforms - you have to be HDMI connected to a DD+ capable Audio receiver for 5.1 HDMI Audio from Netflix, otherwise expect 2.0 PCM audio only.

So i got my M8S Pro L and it's pretty cool.  However I have a few little oddities and I thought I'd ask here because you guys seem more knowledgeable than most sources I'm seeing.

- What is the best place to look for support?  About the only forum I see that is likely, is freaktab forum, is that the best place to be asking questions?  The particular S90x / mecool forum doesn't have even 3 pages of posts.

- Does this thing have a microphone?  Mine acts like it thinks it does, but it never hears anything, this is while connected to my receiver via HDMI.

- Google play does not automatically update it's apps (I even toggled the setting), even after clearing google play data.  In fact, the apps don't even show up in google play 'my apps' until I find them by searching manually and update them.  For example - youtube, netflix, etc.  I'm concerned that things like google play services probably won't be updated.  Play music doesn't show up in the app list even when installed!

- I can cast to it from my Samsung tablet, but neither of my Axon 7's will - one just silently fails and one says something like 'error connecting to M8S Pro L'.  When I look at the M8S pro in google home, no settings are available from the ... top right drop down.

Thanks!
Quote:What is the best place to look for support? About the only forum I see that is likely, is freaktab forum, is that the best place to be asking questions? The particular S90x / mecool forum doesn't have even 3 pages of posts
All your questions are not Kodi related, we do not provide Android OS or Firmware support here.

The best Firmware and OS device support for cheap AMLogic devices is found over on the Freaktab forums.
LibreELEC Kodi support is found naturally on the LE forums, AMLogic sub section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix box preferably able to be wired, cheap0