Kodi 17.5 not showing 3840 x 2160p
Kodi 17.5 is not showing 3840 x 2160p resolution.  I have a 4K OLED TV.  The video output and refresh rate are greyout.
I could change them on Kodi 17.4
Do you still have the Cosmic Saints build installed?
If not, provide us with a debug log (wiki) so we see some more machine details.
(2017-10-29, 18:41)elove Wrote: Kodi 17.5 is not showing 3840 x 2160p resolution.  I have a 4K OLED TV.  The video output and refresh rate are greyout.
I could change them on Kodi 17.4

No single change from .4 to .5 for that -> post your Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok here is the link to the log file, I hope this works:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25854687/

any help would be appreciated.
It's rockchip device. In the past they used special non-standard ways to implement stuff like Refreshrate switching. In recent times it improved a lot for other things like Audio. But whatever you had before used some of these non standard ways for resolution switching. Kodi only supports the official Android API for doing that - nothing we can do for you sadly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK, so does this mean if I play a 4K video, it will output it at 1080p?

Thanks!
(2017-11-05, 03:23)elove Wrote: OK, so does this mean if I play a 4K video, it will output it at 1080p?

Thanks!

What do your eyes see?
My eyes are bad...lol!  Is there somewhere in Kodi that tells me the resolution being output.

Thanks!
(2017-11-05, 17:54)elove Wrote: My eyes are bad...lol!  Is there somewhere in Kodi that tells me the resolution being output.

Thanks!

Press "Info" on your TV :-)
I have a LG TV, unfortunately, LG decided to leave the info or display button off the remote.
If you dubbel klick in the upper left corner where is show what source you have you should be able to se what resolution being output.
(2017-11-05, 17:54)elove Wrote: My eyes are bad...lol!  Is there somewhere in Kodi that tells me the resolution being output.

Thanks!

Zid** X7 doesn't support auto frame-rate switching, so everything will be downscaled to 1080p.
Your tv's info has to say 4K@frame-rate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.5 not showing 3840 x 2160p0