Movieset Art not showing
So I started using TinyMediaManager and/or MediaElch.

I have MovieSets properly created and artwork named movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg - however they do not show automatically..I am still having to hit C and Get Artwork and manually select.

Is this due to skin specific or does this function just not work? Read the wiki which lead me to believe they should populate when using this naming convention..but it doesn't.

(Just realized the same thing is happening with logo.png - it looks like Kodi is not caching in those images..if I hit artwork downloaded it overwrites my existing logo.png with the exact same logo..but caches it in....why?)
Two pages for you...

Movie Sets... http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_Sets
and
Movie Set Artwork, which has your answer... http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movieset_Fanart
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I must be daft, you've answered a couple of my questions tonight by linking the wiki, but I have already ready the wiki and I did not find the answer. I already have the proper naming there.

What am I missing?

I do appreciate the help but am just missing something..I have always had so much trouble with Kodi and images (which is why I usually end up not using Kodi Sad

Edit:
Okay I missed the line where Kodi doesn't automatically recognize it..then what is the point of the naming convention? I could name them anything I want in that case?

But however, Kodi is not auto recognizing my clearlogo.jpg or logo.png files either Sad

Thanks
Yes you can name then as you please if you are using Kodi. Although I have never used the other two listed add-ons, I believe they use the naming convention.

At this stage there is no automatic scraping, but it may be a function added in a later release. Would hate for you to go back and rename all your artwork again.

Have a read through the Artwork page in more detail. All artwork is skin dependent. You may simply have a skin that does not support logo.jpg/png. Also, it may be looking for Clearlogo, which is also explained in that page.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-30, 08:16)Karellen Wrote: Yes you can name then as you please if you are using Kodi. Although I have never used the other two listed add-ons, I believe they use the naming convention.

At this stage there is no automatic scraping, but it may be a function added in a later release. Would hate for you to go back and rename all your artwork again.

Have a read through the Artwork page in more detail. All artwork is skin dependent. You may simply have a skin that does not support logo.jpg/png. Also, it may be looking for Clearlogo, which is also explained in that page.

I have clearlogo, logo.png files - am using the Horizon skin..I had no clue each skin would use a different naming convention? That's even more confusion. The logos didn't show up for any of the 15 skins I tried either though...lol...so frustrating. (Like Aeon, which has a view specifically for logos)
No, no. That's not what I said (or meant).

Kodi uses the one naming convention. It is upto the skin which artwork it displays. If you use Estuary, it only displays the Basic Artwork. If you use another skin, it will display more artwork. It is all explained in that Movie Artwork page. I don't really want to re-write the explanation here.

I don't think Horizon displays Clearlogo.
My Signature
Horizon displays logo's on one of the views (I know, because it works after I run Artwork Downloader) - same for Aeon Nox.

See what is happening is the files are there locally, but they do not display. If I run Artowork Downloader I can see real time my logo.png and clearlogo.png files being replaced by Artwork Downloader (locally) and then Kodi caches it, then it displays.

So my question is..does Kodi not see these by default and cache them? It seems there's no way to make local art work like this, but rather I have to use the downloader.

Normal things work, fanart, poster, seasonxx-poster, landscape, those all scrape in locally as expected, only the logos, clearart, discs (among some others) don't appear to cache in.

Does that make more sense? Trying to explain my issue as best I can Sad

The only reason I am even trying to do this is because I have so many issues with Kodi when it comes to images and caching. I want to be able to use TinyMedia or MediaElch to completely control my images locally, and update them locally and then have Kodi update (by deleting textures13.db of course)

It's working fine except that Kodi doesn't seem to find these certain images when scraping locally.

Edit:
I could be wrong about it replacing my local files when I run Artwork Downloader..my logo files are still timestamped hours ago...so it's not using the local files at all it's just caching the downloads (from Artwork Downloader) right in.

Argh..so frustrating Smile This is why I switched to Plex for awhile...but I really do prefer the customization of Kodi.
Ah ok. Which view? Must admit I didn't test all the views when I used the skin recently.

Yes, you are explaining fine... and I keep trying to tell you to read that page as it answers every question you have asked so far.
My Signature
I've read that page pretty thoroughly and it tells me to name the files the way I have them named and they should be found.

The Movie Collection I misread originally, I see those don't auto read, but the logo art should..unless I am missing something still?

In Aeon Nox there is a view called "Logos" that's the easiest one to test.

I should also clarify that I am completely deleting my source, deleting textures13.db and textures folder, readding source with local scraping. And still it is ignoring logos..

Edit:

So I think I figured out that Kodi DOES NOT automatically scrape logos, discs, etc in. You have to run Artwork Downloader set to Local, and it pulls those files in. I did a test by removing my source, removing my textures13.db and textures folder. I re added my source. It pulled in Fanart, Posters, Season Posters, Banner and thumb it did not pull in logo, clearlogo, character art or disc art. However, then as a test I went to one TV show, I opened the logo and disc artwork, I drew scribbles on it in photoshop and saved. I then ran Artwork Downloader and it pulled those images into cache (it also seemed to go ahead and download a ton of extrafanart as well)

So that tells me what is happening. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not?
Section 2 Wrote:Section 2
To display the Extended artwork, you will need to change to a skin that supports the additional types of artwork. Add-ons are available to automate the download and caching of the extended artwork listed below. This is usually downloaded and installed with the skin. If not, you can manually download and install the add-on separately. The downloader can then be used to automatically scrape the extended artwork from either online or local sources. If you do not want to automate the process, it is possible to perform this procedure manually using the Kodi- Choose Art procedure detailed in the main Artwork page.

Two examples are below.

See also: Add-on:Artwork_Downloader
   See also: Artwork Beef

Logo view in Aeon Nox on my machine...

My Signature
Yeah I read that several times, tbh it's not very clear. That fact that Kodi auto scrapes posters, season posters, fanart, etc automatically when I run the local scraper, but doesn't pull in the logos and other artwork without running Artwork Downloaded in local mode - is confusing to say the least.

At least I know now..the whole system really seems..clunky.

And yes, mine looks like that too after I run Artwork Downloader...was just (and am still pretty) confused by what was happening. Why not just have Kodi scrape all the file types when you add a source instead of selective ones?
What that means is that using an external media organizer is completely impractical because it requires multiple steps to update.

Well unless running Artwork Downloader will update all local artwork into the cache Smile Going to test that right now. (And it didn't, it only caches in local artwork that doesn't already exist in the cache..so that means to use a local manager you would have to delete the db and textures folders, rescan your source, and rerun artwork downloader every time you want to change some art..soooo I guess going back to just changing stuff inside of Kodi is the only way to go..lol oh well live and learn)
If you switch over to Ember Media Manager, you have instant sync to Kodi when info/artwork is changed in Ember. Also, you won't need artwork downloader or any other addon to import artwork into kodi. If ember sees it, it will be in kodi.
(2017-10-30, 18:38)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: If you switch over to Ember Media Manager, you have instant sync to Kodi when info/artwork is changed in Ember.  Also, you won't need artwork downloader or any other addon to import artwork into kodi.  If ember sees it, it will be in kodi.

Well that sounds a lot better. I just spent all night updating my artwork in TMM, the issue is that some things would not recache..and the only way is to delete Textures13.db...problem is if I do this all my movie collection artwork I had to manually set  will refresh.

Guess I will have to look into Ember Media Manager - thanks.

Edit://

Running now, it's adding in my library. There are lots of options so hopefully I can figure out how to sync it or whatever...lots of options up in this thing. It didn't find my existing files for movies (different naming structure) but at least that keeps my TMM files separate for now. Works real well for scraping though seems very fast.

To sync I have to use HTTP mode or something?
One of the greatest reasons why I love Ember, OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS! There is an option in modules to sync called Kodi Interface. You can set it so it auto sync or manual, depending on your flavor. To get the kodi sync setup you can find the first or second unpinned post under Ember Media Manager section!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movieset Art not showing0