v18 Paththrough and Offset in TV-Recordings.
My Preferences: Paththrough ON, Wasapi SPDIF DD5.1.

I record a TV movie in 5.1. If I play this as a record, then the film has an offset of up to 2 seconds between picture and sound.
If I copy the same movie into the movie folder and playback as a movie, there is no offset.

What is the difference between playback recordings and films? Is this a Kodi Problem or is this from DVBLink? How can we fix this problem?

Nice to hear...

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
When you playback through the 'Movies' area of Kodi, you are using only Kodi which is reading the recorded file and showing it to you. When you playback through the TV menu, the movie is being streamed by DVBLink to Kodi.

From what you say, this appears to be a DVBLink-related issue.

Having said that, I'm a long term DVBLink user and I've not seen the issue you describe, so I suspect something in your set up is affecting playback.

If you want to take up the issue with DVBLink (or pursue it here), you'll need to provide a lot more diagnostic information.

Andy
(2017-11-02, 00:11)AndyHenderson Wrote: From what you say, this appears to be a DVBLink-related issue.

Having said that, I'm a long term DVBLink user and I've not seen the issue you describe, so I suspect something in your set up is affecting playback.

If you want to take up the issue with DVBLink (or pursue it here), you'll need to provide a lot more diagnostic information.

Andy

Hi Andy,

at first I also thought that my setup is wrong, because I upgraded Kodi 16 to 17 to 18. Than I installed Kodi 18 complete new. The issue is still the same in the clean installation. I posted this fault in DVBLink Forum, but there is no reaction on it.

I hope someone from the DVBLinkers is reading here.

Thanks for answer

Uwe
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
I asked about this Problem in the DVBLink-Forum:

Here the answers: Imageby Oberon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 am(Live) TV playback functionality in Kodi is completely outside of DVBLink addon influence. There is nothing we can do here.

and:Re: Offset with Records in .ts in Kodi 18 and PaththroughImageby Oberon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:10 amI really do not know. A transport stream is a self-contained file, which has all streams, all timestamps etc. DVBLink just provides a stream in its original form to a player. And the rest is outside of its influence.

And now? Am I the only one with this Problem? 

Regards Uwe
Sorry for the google translation...
 Good morning,

new realization.

TV recordings in the recording folder on the server have the time offset during playback. However, these are only the ones that are stored as 2 channel sound. A real DD5.1 ​​recording does not have these distortions. The relationship exists when "Convert to DD AC3" is enabled in the audio settings. The conversion of the sound format thus generates the time offset in the audio output. If this switch is not set, all recordings are played back correctly. Problem here is that it then comes to different volumes during playback between DD and 2-channel sound. In addition, input streams from Netflix and Amazon have no sound because they are "sent" in DD +.

Strange is and remains that these 2.0 shots, stored in the film folder from there without these problems are reproduced. Where's the difference? The conversion to AC3 happens in Kodi ...

Maybe someone has an idea what that may be

greetings Uwe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paththrough and Offset in TV-Recordings.0