playercorefactory.xml powerdvd 17
I use PowerDVD as an "external" player under Kodi and integrate the player there via the file playercorefactory.xml. That worked great with version 15 of PowerDVD.

This still works since the update to PowerDVD version 17, but PowerDVD will not stop after playing a movie and will stay on top of the screen with the default interface.

This is probably because the parameters for the call have been changed.

So far, the call was made from Kodi u. a. with the parameters "/ fullscreen" and "/ close" and just the "/ close" parameter does not work anymore.

Is there any other parameter or option to automatically quit the program after a movie in version 17?

(  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<playercorefactory> 
<players> 
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true"> 
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe</filename> 
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> 
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> 
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole> 
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor> 
<playcountminimumtime>5</playcountminimumtime> 
</player> 
</players> 
<rules action="prepend"> 
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/> 
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo|vob|bdmv|mpls|iso" player="PowerDVD"/> 
<rule dvd="true" player="PowerDVD"/> 
<rule dvdimage="true" player="PowerDVD"/> 
</rules> 
</playercorefactory>  )

thank you in advance
If you manually quit PowerDVD, does Kodi return full screen? If so, then perhaps you're looking for a PowerDVD setting. It's likely that the /close function is one of those programmings blips that was relocated/changed in the new iteration, and support would be best handled by the authors of PowerDVD. Ask in their forum if there is a work around or new command. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list/ENU.page
I can't remember back to PDVD 15 but PDVD has no 'CLOSE' function. It never has. You can't call a parameter that doesn't exist afaik. How to close it automatically at the end of playback has always been an issue. I'm surprised to read it did for you. I have always mapped Alt+F4 using the MS Keyboard Device to my remote control just for this purpose. Fwiw, some players do have the 'Close' function at the end of playback built in and doesn't need to be prompted with external code. MPC-BE for example although it is different than PDVD which is your target.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I have tried for 3 days to edit the playercorefactory.xml (userdata one). My issue is that I don't want to launch an external player but rather an internal addon within kodi to play a certain file type.

Any insight or clue will be appreciative.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playercorefactory.xml powerdvd 170