My local Video / Movie folders are being renamed automatically with incorrect names &
(2017-11-19, 00:34)Karellen Wrote: FWIW

I have seen that issue before and it is indicative of incorrectly set sources. I assume all those affected movies use the preserved DVD structure- VIDEO_ts format?
 im not sure... as some of the video files in my networked hd library are all different (eg. .avi .mpeg4 .DVD format etc.) as so many folders are affected at this point it would be a nightmare to click on each one ... one by one to see if they are ONLY DVD and not another file type. please note i started my video servers almost 10 years ago now and to date this is the 1st time ive come across this kind of situation. ive even gone as far as to use another network video player (archos video player for android) and it only showed ONE video renamed and YES it was a DVD format video.... it too was renamed Bennys Video and the thumbnail was changed to bennys video as well.... i have sence moved that One and only folder to another location all together away from my video files and im now testing a rescan to see if it has any affect.... note the moved folder has been in my library for years and years

Also NOTE: the files affected start alphabetically in the "B"s and run for several pages.... but a footnote is that those affected could be a movie beginning with a totally different letter. eg the archos video affected was named "Nobody but Juan"
Well I am not asking you to click on every single one, just pick a few and check. But its upto you. You are not obliged to do anything. Neither are we Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-19, 01:06)Karellen Wrote: Well I am not asking you to click on every single one, just pick a few and check. But its upto you. You are not obliged to do anything. Neither are we Smile
i  have no problem with what your asking.... i will comply... please be patient ill check back ASAP
Karellen YES YOU ARE RIGHT .... i tested a number of the files and they all seem to be Video.ts format !!!!
Great. We are on the right path.

First question that comes to mind is how have you set your Sources?

Your Source should be set on the Parent directory, with the TV Shows directly inside the Parent directory.

In the following example the parent directory is \My TVShows\
Angel is the TV Show folder which holds all the episodes for that particular tv show.

Is this how you are setup, or have you set the drive letter f:\ as your source or something else. The source must be just one level up from all the TV Shows

python:
f:\My TVShows\
Angel
Angel S01E01
Angel S01E02

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S01E01
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S01E02

The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory S01E01
The Big Bang Theory S01E02
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-19, 01:44)Karellen Wrote: Great. We are on the right path.

First question that comes to mind is how have you set your Sources?

Your Source should be set on the Parent directory, with the TV Shows directly inside the Parent directory.

In the following example the parent directory is \My TVShows\
Angel is the TV Show folder which holds all the episodes for that particular tv show.

Is this how you are setup, or have you set the drive letter f:\ as your source or something else. The source must be just one level up from all the TV Shows

python:
f:\My TVShows\
Angel
Angel S01E01
Angel S01E02

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S01E01
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S01E02

The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory S01E01
The Big Bang Theory S01E02
eg. DISKSTATION\HOLD\Movies\(name of movie or tv show)
Please NOTE: upon doing a google search on my problem i did notice that "THE MOVIE DATABASE" states that there last update caused some files to be mis read and an updates was coming..... i see the movie database updating when i start kodi could this be an issue..... because when i run a rescan AFTER the movie database updates i still have the same results
I think, and @scudlee (who is the add-on developer) can correct me if I am wrong, that the new update finally revealed the problem in your setup. I am guessing you have your setup incorrect, and as soon as circumstances changed, it toppled over.

This is evidenced by the lack of any other post on the forum regarding this issue.

Once your Source setup is fixed (if you confirm my previous post) then it won't happen again.
My Signature
(2017-11-19, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: I think, and @scudlee (who is the add-on developer) can correct me if I am wrong, that the new update finally revealed the problem in your setup. I am guessing you have your setup incorrect, and as soon as circumstances changed, it toppled over.

This is evidenced by the lack of any other post on the forum regarding this issue.

Once your Source setup is fixed (if you confirm my previous post) then it won't happen again.
but i beg to know why has this NEVER happened in all the years ive been using kodi and have had my networked hd just the way they are forever... and now this problem rears its ugly head ?

also if this is related to the movie database.... cant i use another movie scrapper in its place ?
I am not going to speculate. I am trying to help you get your library back in order. If you want to diverge into "what if's" then I will move on.

I am still waiting for you to confirm my Post #22.
My Signature
(2017-11-19, 02:56)Karellen Wrote: I am not going to speculate. I am trying to help you get your library back in order. If you want to diverge into "what if's" then I will move on.

I am still waiting for you to confirm my Post #22.

I can't find that post.... It may have been an older one. Please disregard
I'm so sorry for causing you any concern... It's getting late here and I guess I have to give up on trying to fix this issue. It's so unfortunate that YEARS of hard work is for naut .... I've sence moved on to archos video player to correctly see my video folders and files.... Sorry for waisting your time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My local Video / Movie folders are being renamed automatically with incorrect names &0