Desperately looking for a way to use some kind of an equalizer with Kodi on Raspbian
I am running Kodi 17.5 on Raspbian, connected to my hifi set using the 3.5mm jack on my RPI. I desperately need an equalizer to process the music that I listen to in KODI, since my speakers have no equalizer built in. It is too bass heavy, and I'd love some more control over the sound KODI processes.

I've been tinkering with alsaequal but I seem to be doing wrong. Does anyone have an EQ set up currently which works with KODI? If so, how? I'm new to linux and seem to be at a loss here...
How is this relevant to kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Since I'm using KODI to play music?

I understand ALSAEQUAL is not supported by Kodi, so I was hoping to find out what my alternatives are from other users here . I've read that there's a kodi addon called adsp.biquad.filters, but I have no idea where to download/install it.
This is the guy who was working on that add-on. https://twitter.com/TuranAchim. Looks like you might get your wish if his work comes to fruition. There's also something called Kodi Audio Mixer. Haven't tried it yet.
(2017-11-20, 01:12)N00dle Wrote: Since I'm using KODI to play music?

I understand ALSAEQUAL is not supported by Kodi, so I was hoping to find out what my alternatives are from other users here . I've read that there's a kodi addon called adsp.biquad.filters, but I have no idea where to download/install it.
 I can't believe I missed that in your first post!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I tell you what though, if you are using the analogue audio out on a pi, you're getting pretty crap quality anyway. Have you considered one of the addon boards?
Maybe my first post wasn't clear enough, I edited it Wink

I have an old but great surround sound set which does not support HDMI or optical, it just has 3.5mm jacks to hook it up... I am currently waiting for an HDMI audio extractor to arrive, which is why I'm using the jack on my rpi.

When I have my extractor: In an ideal world Dolby/DTS would pass through unaltered, but stereo sound would be upmixed and ran through an EQ.

Is my only option really to wait for AudioDSP 2?
(2017-11-20, 09:00)nickr Wrote: I tell you what though, if you are using the analogue audio out on a pi, you're getting pretty crap quality anyway. Have you considered one of the addon boards?
 You can get better quality from analogue audio with the "audio_pwm_mode=2" option.
It is still being worked on, but for basic usage like music playback you will probably be fine.
Some info here and here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desperately looking for a way to use some kind of an equalizer with Kodi on Raspbian0