Arch linux on ARM board (Odroid C2) - run KODI on one terminal and QT app on another
KODI when running does not let me switch to other Virtual terminals or X Server windows. I have one monitor connected to this ARM board.

I'm able to run multiple X servers via the command:

Sudo X
Sudo X :1

then I run Kodi by typing Sudo Kodi, this loads up on DISPLAY :0

Now I want to run a QT app on :1 so I type :
DISPLAY:1 Sudo ./<my-qt-app>

The app does load and is displayed on the monitor but after a few seconds Kodi becomes the active app on the monitor. I've tried <ctrl> <alt> <F1> through <F9> but cannot seem to get the QT app back as the active screen.

Please advice on how to do this ?

Thanks,
Pankaj
Kodi on amlogic devices such as odroidc2 does not run on top of X11, it's running on the framebuffer.
Hence the issues you are seeing.
While it would be possible to build an X version of Kodi the performance would suffer a lot, and possibly (I'm not sure about this) hardware decoding might not work.
If you need both desktop and Kodi simultaneously - get NUC or simlar x86 box.
SBCs lack the horsepower for this and (in most cases) proper opensource drivers.
(2017-11-23, 01:05)asavah Wrote: Kodi on amlogic devices such as odroidc2 does not run on top of X11, it's running on the framebuffer.
While it would be possible to build an X version of Kodi the performance would suffer a lot, and possibly (I'm not sure about this) hardware decoding might not work.
SBCs lack the horsepower for this and (in most cases) proper opensource drivers.

Thank you! that makes sense. 

I do like this SBC, it is capable of playing 4K videos in Kodi using GPU acceleration.
I'm running Arch linux (3.14), When I use mplayer with framebuffer I do not get GPU acceleration.

But with Kodi I do get GPU acceleration and can play 4K Videos quite well. Any suggestions on how to find out how is it tied to framebuffer and doing GPU acceleration?
(2017-11-23, 02:33)ajiratech Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 01:05)asavah Wrote: Kodi on amlogic devices such as odroidc2 does not run on top of X11, it's running on the framebuffer.

I do like this SBC, it is capable of playing 4K videos in Kodi using GPU acceleration.
I'm running Arch linux (3.14), When I use mplayer with framebuffer I do not get GPU acceleration.

But with Kodi I do get GPU acceleration and can play 4K Videos quite well. Any suggestions on how to find out how is it tied to framebuffer and doing GPU acceleration? 

I'd like to add that when I type command "ldd $(which kodi)" I do not see all the associated files that would get called with it. The same command for another application like mplayer tells all the files that application uses. I'm kind of lost on how to figure out which binaries would Kodi call upon for GPU acceleration.

Any advice is appreciated.
(2017-11-23, 05:06)ajiratech Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 02:33)ajiratech Wrote:

I'd like to add that when I type command "ldd $(which kodi)" I do not see all the associated files that would get called with it. The same command for another application like mplayer tells all the files that application uses. I'm kind of lost on how to figure out which binaries would Kodi call upon for GPU acceleration.

Any advice is appreciated.    
Kodi does not link all the libraries it uses.
Some of them are dynamically loaded at runtime as needed.
For amlogic hw decoding lib is libamcodec.so or libamplayer.so.
Code:
ldd $(which kodi)

maybe wrong tho, /usr/bin/kodi is usually a bash wrapper script,
try:
Code:
ldd /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin

To see all the libs even the dloaded ones of a current _running_ instance of a binary
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5103...en-process

I tried to post direct command here, but retarded cloudflare "protection" wouldn't let me insert code with single quotes ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arch linux on ARM board (Odroid C2) - run KODI on one terminal and QT app on another0