Kodi Repository protection and users tracking
Goodmorning guys.
im writing from Italy so my apologize for my bad eng.
i have a question. i've created a Repository, just for some friends, but i have suspect that some of them, have "sold" and shared my job.

So my idea/questions are:
A ) Is possible to Protect with username and password my Repo?
B ) Could be possible, in remote, to have a tracking of users, in way to know/track who share ( without authorization ) my job?

thanks for your help

mik
So, you have made some addons, and don't want to share, but your "friends" can't be trusted.

And you want help with from this open source community?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-25, 22:14)nickr Wrote: So, you have made some addons, and don't want to share, but your "friends" can't be trusted.

And you want help with from this open source community?
First thank for your reply.
Basically i have created a complete repository and i want to share this one.
But at the same time, i want manage and have control about a potential, not legit sharing. I mean, may i protect my repo? and manage sharing , with a user ID/Password or something like that? May i manage , basically who can and who can't , use my repo?
that's it
can/do we?
(2017-11-26, 21:59)wsnipex Wrote: can/do we?
 Thanks for your correct question wsnipex, 
"can i" , is the the answer.
for example: my repo, ok? i ( micantomar )  want give you ( wsnipex )  possibility to have my repo, following a download link, because in this case i have created a version of Kodi portable with my repo already installed.
So, i want manage and have control of all users, basically i want create a sort of protection, user ID, password, tracking i don't know, single and different for everyone, useful to avoid not legit use, or useful to block it, when someone try to sell my repo ( because it's happened ) .
Hope is clear, if not you please let me know if you need of further details, and thanks for yuor support.
mik
Your source code must be made public. Where is it?

Also it is against our trademark policy to distribute kodi with addons (including repos) preinstalled. So stop now please.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Repository protection and users tracking0