Using back button to stop video?
(2021-07-01, 17:12)scaesare Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 16:44)Damian30 Wrote: ok i installed the keymap editor and i also edited other buttons i needed. is there a way to assign a blank action to a button?
and where is the context menu (AKA long press)? in "windows" there is a context menu but its not the one that appears during long press

anyway as someone said above, "dont use it if u dont like it"... on shield im forced to use it as its the only program that fullfill all my needs, and now that i spent more than a week configuring it, its perfect! however its far from being user friendly and/or "plug'n'play". endless googling and an account on this forum is mandatory. the same fact everytime someone have a problem, it must paste the error's debug, means this program isnt for everyone. ask some people on the street what is debug and let me know how many actually know what's is :-)

EDIT: keymapped everything i needed. now everything is 100% perfect!
So... I too am interested in having "Back" also stop playing the current video. 

Remapping would seem to be easy, but once you do that, how do you actually exit the player interface once stopped, as your "back" button now has become a stop button?

back button is used for close the osd menu, but if i press it one more time it doesnt exit from full screen to "play in background", like by default. it does nothing. to stop video completely i simply press "stop" button on remote
New to Kodi for Android TV and there's no stop button on my remote. Need to push play/pause button then move to stop button and push stop button before return to menu. It's kind... annoying. All streaming apps or video player on my Android TV or SHIELD just need to push back button once then done.

So I looking all the settings of Kodi and find out no option for this. I think I'll live with it until one day I switched to another skin, Pellucid. Wow, there's an option for it under skin settings.

It will be great if system has this option not by skin since not every skin support this function.
(2021-12-08, 04:47)darkj2k Wrote: It will be great if system has this option

Reading through the forum thread before you post in it, is always a good thing:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2989447
You can just long press Back, it is the same as Stop.

Or, use Android app "Button Mapper" to remap your keys. Can even remap the useless Netflix button. I have Netflix mapped to Stop..
(2021-12-08, 07:52)Zuikkis Wrote: You can just long press Back, it is the same as Stop.

Or, use Android app "Button Mapper" to remap your keys. Can even remap the useless Netflix button. I have Netflix mapped to Stop..

Exactly.

If however you'd prefer not to need to do a long press then you use the the Kodi Keymap Editor addon to change this.
continuing from other thread (linked to here)

i'll give the android button mapper a try. i think i would prefer a long play/pause press instead though. if push comes to shove i'll edit the .xml
You should be able to use https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor to create custom mappings for only Kodi
just gave the button mapper app a go and easy success :-) bit niggly to set the app up but i got there.

i mapped the netflix button as i never use it. at first i tried long press play/pause but it redirected me to info in kodi when player stopped.

thanks for the help. me = happy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using back button to stop video?0