MediaPortal not skipping commercials in Kodi 18
(2017-12-31, 09:26)ksooo Wrote: That's not correct.

If you implement GetRecordingStreamProperties you can pass the recording url to Kodi and let Kodi do the playback like in v17.

Why can't you implement GetRecordingEdl? This has nothing to do with any stream vs. URL API changes, imo.
Of course I already tried using GetRecordingStreamProperties() to implement it like in v17, but this function works different than the old v17 functionality. Originally, the (now removed) strStreamURL argument got the filename (e.g. "recording.ts") and the ReadEditDecisionLists() function found the EDL. If I pass the same file name via GetRecordingStreamProperties(), the ReadEditDecisionLists() function receives a "pvr://recording/something.pvr" argument and it does not check the new stream URL for EDL info. So, right now the old v17 way is not possible anymore.

As said earlier, I never implemented EDL support in the addon since I'm not using it myself. I can implement GetRecordingEdl() but that means that I have to read the files, and transform them to a times list in the PVR addon.
This is a bit weird since Kodi already knows how to read these files. I would prefer to learn the EDL file to Kodi instead. Maybe we could add a property to the GetRecordingStreamProperties() list for this purpose...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Messages In This Thread
RE: MediaPortal not skipping commericals in Kodi 18 - by margro - 2018-01-03, 19:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal not skipping commercials in Kodi 180