v17 How to set refresh rate?
I know how to set the refresh rate in the Android version of Kodi, but I can't find the option in the Windows version. I can set the resolution, but not the refresh rate. Do I have to use advancedsettings.xml or what?

Video hardware: Nvidia 1050

-----------------------
Solution (thanks to [b]willemd[/b]): the refresh option is hidden, even in expert mode (WHY?). Must use --standalone command line option to enable.
That will be driver related.
The Nvidia driver should have this option in nvidia control panel to my knowledge
It's taken from the Windows desktop set refresh rate.
(2017-12-04, 19:49)jjd-uk Wrote: It's taken from the Windows desktop set refresh rate.

So it's impossible? Is there a reason or is it just an oversight?
No, its not impossible. As @jjd-uk stated, the refresh rate is set at the operating system level.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Have a look at : /Settings/Player/Videos/Playback => Adjust display refresh rate : Yes
This I what I have in Ubuntu, and I'm pretty sure it's there under Windows as well.

PS: Kodi GUI needs to be in Advanced/Expert Level.
That is for Resolution only
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-04, 21:28)Klojum Wrote: Have a look at : /Settings/Player/Videos/Playback => Adjust display refresh rate : Yes
This I what I have in Ubuntu, and I'm pretty sure it's there under Windows as well.

PS: Kodi GUI needs to be in Advanced/Expert Level.

That's exactly why I want to set the refresh rate, so I don't endure a pause while my display resyncs to 24hz. I don't use a mouse with Kodi, so 24Hz is fine.
If you use --standalone on the command line, you get the options to change refresh rate in Kodi itself. (Under System.) I don't know why it's hidden away like that.

I use it to set Kodi to 50 Hz, because I mostly use Kodi to watch Live TV which is here in Europe all in 50 Hz (well, 25 Hz actually, but that renders in 50. I start Kodi from a shortcut on the desktop with the command line option. When I return to the desktop, the screen reverts to 60 Hz. It usually remembers the command line option the next time you start, so if you don't want a shortcut, you can set it once, and Kodi will remember your refresh rate for you. Once every while it resets to 60 Hz, don't know why, but that's why I normally use the shortcut, so the option is visible when I need it.
(2017-12-05, 00:24)willemd Wrote: If you use --standalone on the command line, you get the options to change refresh rate in Kodi itself. (Under System.) I don't know why it's hidden away like that.

I use it to set Kodi to 50 Hz, because I mostly use Kodi to watch Live TV which is here in Europe all in 50 Hz (well, 25 Hz actually, but that renders in 50. I start Kodi from a shortcut on the desktop with the command line option. When I return to the desktop, the screen reverts to 60 Hz. It usually remembers the command line option the next time you start, so if you don't want a shortcut, you can set it once, and Kodi will remember your refresh rate for you. Once every while it resets to 60 Hz, don't know why, but that's why I normally use the shortcut, so the option is visible when I need it.
 Thank you!
Why not set the refreshrate in Windows, as some has suggested? Kodi will use exactly that refreshrate.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2017-12-05, 02:00)PH-SYM Wrote: Why not set the refreshrate in Windows, as some has suggested? Kodi will use exactly that refreshrate.

Because I use the computer for more than just Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set refresh rate?0