v17 Chorus 2 Home Video Library Setup With Landscape Oriented Thumbnails
Question 
Hi,

I got a system and lib setup that looks like this:

Library: P:\Storage\HomeVideos (all video and meta files will be stored in this folder).
Home video files struxture example

The new web interfae chorus 2 looks pretty neat to me and I definitly want to use it.

How do I have to set-up the lib, web client and Kodi in general to:
  • display (personal) media / video files in chorus 2 ( I´m not sure if there´s even a menu entry for this type of media)
  • display video thumbnails in landscape orientation (portrait is only good for dvd / bluray covers)
Also what type of metadata scraper is needed in order to load local metadata for personal media?
Is there any best practive guide?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi GarlicDoge (nice picture btw Smile )
**EDIT: sorry saw later that nfo in the link. so only last sentence seems important**
i can tell you how i add metadata of my podcast library. it's maybe not the best way and not what you are looking for. anyway:
for each podcast, after watching and deciding if i want to save it, i make an nfo file with the same name as the video.
for example the video ist called "podcast1.mp4" i create a file with the name "podcast1.nfo". how to fill it you can read here: NFO_files/Movies (wiki)
it's a bit of work for each video, but i think it's worth it. i use genres quite extensively. you could create a move genre "personal" and add that to every personal viedo. (by adding it the genre to the nfo, kodi will pick it up automatically). after that you have to update/rescan the library.

the rest i can't tell you. someone else?
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
(2017-12-20, 10:28)tuxfuxch Wrote: Hi GarlicDoge (nice picture btw Smile )
**EDIT: sorry saw later that nfo in the link. so only last sentence seems important**
i can tell you how i add metadata of my podcast library. it's maybe not the best way and not what you are looking for. anyway:
for each podcast, after watching and deciding if i want to save it, i make an nfo file with the same name as the video.
for example the video ist called "podcast1.mp4" i create a file with the name "podcast1.nfo". how to fill it you can read here: NFO_files/Movies (wiki)
it's a bit of work for each video, but i think it's worth it. i use genres quite extensively. you could create a move genre "personal" and add that to every personal viedo. (by adding it the genre to the nfo, kodi will pick it up automatically). after that you have to update/rescan the library.

the rest i can't tell you. someone else?
Hi tuxfuxch,

thanks for your reply!
Yes, I´ll add .NFO files for each personal video. I´m also convinced that it´s definitly worth it.
Is there some way to configure Kodi / Chorus 2 to use landscape oriented posters (because all my preview images are in 16:9 format or at least 4:3).

I created a second thread for this question(s) here.
You can also find an example image for what I´m trying to achieve. Smile
Sorry no ideal about that... Maybe someone Else?
I dont do prev Images. Kodi creates them automatically which is good enough for me
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Here is another example of landscape thumbs. I think Chorus uses them only for music artists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus 2 Home Video Library Setup With Landscape Oriented Thumbnails0