Network Interface Issues under Raspbian
I've installed kodi 17.6 (Nov 23 2017) installed on a RPi 3, with Raspbian Stretch installed.  What I'm trying to set up is to have the Pi connected to the internet via wireless (wlan0, which works fine) and simultaneously have a wired (eth0) connection to a Windows system exporting my media files.  The problem is that as soon as I connect the wired portion of the network, kodi switches to using the wired network's ip addressing rather than the wlan0 setup, and scanning fails because access to the internet isn't available at that point.  How can I make kodi use wlan0 instead of eth0?
Thanks.
(2017-12-21, 03:55)rdmjr Wrote: I've installed kodi 17.6 (Nov 23 2017) installed on a RPi 3, with Raspbian Stretch installed.  What I'm trying to set up is to have the Pi connected to the internet via wireless (wlan0, which works fine) and simultaneously have a wired (eth0) connection to a Windows system exporting my media files.  The problem is that as soon as I connect the wired portion of the network, kodi switches to using the wired network's ip addressing rather than the wlan0 setup, and scanning fails because access to the internet isn't available at that point.  How can I make kodi use wlan0 instead of eth0?
Thanks.
Never mind - I found out how to bridge the interfaces from this site http://www.glennklockwood.com/sysadmin-h...sland.html and have things working well enough to accomplish what I need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Interface Issues under Raspbian0