AppleTV 4 Top Shelf
I recently upgraded from 17.3 to 17.6 and in the process, lost my ability to view the top shelf on my atv4.

I started with a new project in Xcode since I've recently added a couple ATV4K's at my house and needed the ability to wirelessly side load. My old projects wouldn't fully update to the latest version of Xcode, so I decided to start new. 

That being said, I have the latest version of Xcode, created a new project, enabled app groups, loaded up the matching bundle identifier (ex. group.com.remaining.identifier.kodi), and still...no top shelf. This isn't make or break, but my OCD nature would love to see my most recent movies/tv shows, rather than a big blue banner. Kodi works great on all devices...with the exception of the top shelf.

Any ideas? Do others have it working?
-
(2017-12-31, 09:18)Sp0rtsJunki3 Wrote: I recently upgraded from 17.3 to 17.6 and in the process, lost my ability to view the top shelf on my atv4.

I started with a new project in Xcode since I've recently added a couple ATV4K's at my house and needed the ability to wirelessly side load. My old projects wouldn't fully update to the latest version of Xcode, so I decided to start new. 

That being said, I have the latest version of Xcode, created a new project, enabled app groups, loaded up the matching bundle identifier (ex. group.com.remaining.identifier.kodi), and still...no top shelf. This isn't make or break, but my OCD nature would love to see my most recent movies/tv shows, rather than a big blue banner. Kodi works great on all devices...with the exception of the top shelf.

Any ideas? Do others have it working?
 I have the exact same issue, cant get the top shelf to show no matter what i try since 17.4.  hey hoo, not a deal breaker as you said but, im using the latest version of xcode too as my ATV is running the latest IOS build so cant use older versions as they are not compatable.  Maybe its something to do with that combo.
Hey
I wasn't aware that there is the option to have a top shelf for Kodi at all.
Could somebody please point me to the instructions on how to get it work normally?
I just need help for the top shelf, not for the sideload process at all.
(I'm having a paid developer account)

Best regards

Sorry, it's described here in the first post :-)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978
just FYI, top shelf is working fine here with a paid developer account and the current build for TVOS on Apple TV 4K.
Did you guys sign the app again afterwards with the right provisioning profile?
Thx for confirming that one.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-01-09, 02:44)horstepipe Wrote: just FYI, top shelf is working fine here with a paid developer account and the current build for TVOS on Apple TV 4K.
Did you guys sign the app again afterwards with the right provisioning profile?
 Yes, I tried almost everything without luck. Enabled App Groups, correct prv. profile, developer account. But TS is not working in my machine...
Maybe it has something to do with the Developer Account ?
Maybe using/compiling this under a free Apple Developer Account isn‘t possible.
@horstepipe talks about paid dev. account.

Just my 2 cents...
I'm not building this from scratch, i'm following the steps in Dan's youtube video that always worked in the past...
1) Create a blank project in xcode and give it a name
2) Add in the App groups with the same name
3) Using this provisioning profile, sign the DEB file downloaded from the mirrors page
4) install this. still no top shelf.

Again, i'm using the latest version on xocde (the one which has automatic prov file creation 9.0.2 i think it is - running on a macbook pro with mac os 10.12 (as 10.13 is not compatable with dan's signing app yet)

Horstpipe - are you building the project from scratch using the source code or are you re-signing the DEB using the App Signer tool ?
Markus23 is right - its not possible anymore with free dev accounts. Just to ensure that this is understood.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2018-01-12, 06:25)Steverae Wrote: I'm not building this from scratch, i'm following the steps in Dan's youtube video that always worked in the past...
1) Create a blank project in xcode and give it a name
2) Add in the App groups with the same name
3) Using this provisioning profile, sign the DEB file downloaded from the mirrors page
4) install this. still no top shelf.

Again, i'm using the latest version on xocde (the one which has automatic prov file creation 9.0.2 i think it is - running on a macbook pro with mac os 10.12 (as 10.13 is not compatable with dan's signing app yet)

Horstpipe - are you building the project from scratch using the source code or are you re-signing the DEB using the App Signer tool ?
 Same here:

- I tried resigning the latest Memphiz deb file with iOS Signer. Before that, obviously I did the same steps than Dan's youtube video. And yes, I'm 100% sure that my account is developer (100$/year) Tongue

- In Bundle Identifier I puted: com.tocinillo.kodi and then I enabled App Groups under capabilities with identifier: group.com.tocinillo.kodi (yes, 3 checks marked and Ok), the two ID are enabled in my Developer Account in apple website (developer). Close Xcode, open iOS Signer, select deb file, my prov. profile generate from xcode (the only one, and yes, the same ID: com.tocinillo.kodi). No TS working.

- I tried to delete the provisioning files generated from xcode and then I generate manually from Apple website. No TS working.

- I also built Kodi from git, then build with xcode perfectly (including auto-refresh rate) with my developer account and ID. No TS working.

- I built MrMC from latest git without problems and TS working perfectly.

So...what's wrong?

PS: Latest deb is this one: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb
(2018-01-12, 06:25)Steverae Wrote: Horstpipe - are you building the project from scratch using the source code or are you re-signing the DEB using the App Signer tool ?
 I'm re-signing the DEB with the IOS App Signer tool.
(2018-01-12, 08:40)Memphiz Wrote: Markus23 is right - its not possible anymore with free dev accounts. Just to ensure that this is understood.
 I have a paid developer account. I didn't have this problem until I updated Xcode for the 4k ATV.
-
(2018-01-15, 17:59)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-01-12, 06:25)Steverae Wrote: Horstpipe - are you building the project from scratch using the source code or are you re-signing the DEB using the App Signer tool ?
 I'm re-signing the DEB with the IOS App Signer tool. 
I started from scratch. But that may be the difference...if you're simply re-signing an existing deb file that was compiled on an older version, you may have all necessary files/entitlements for a working top shelf. I believe things have changed a bit so compiling with a new version might break it.
-
I retested again. I use Krypton 17.3 deb file and Mac OS 10.10.5 with XCode 7.3, then I followed Dan's instructions and now TopShelf is working perfectly (signing deb with iOS Singer). But then I did the same process with 17.6 and Xcode 9.2 it's not working.
Change only one thing at a time - not deb and Xcode version at the same time - so you know if it’s the deb or the Xcode version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 4 Top Shelf0