Video Addon change default to play on click vs show info.
Basically I have a video add that is looking at local/smb home video files put them in a list then you can play them. so they do not need to be added to the library. I have it working as long as the default setting is onclick play. but if the default setting is onclick show info then kodi trys to scrape the video.  I can right click on the item and select play and it works just fine as well.

so my question is, can I force play on click of the item so that it isn't added to the main library? I just want it to play the video.. and of course I only want this to effect the addon itself as in the normal library to act as it should.

also can I disable the key "i" in the addon as well so that if accidentally pressed out of habit it doesn't add the item to the library.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
i think if you add some dummy info to the videos, kodi will not try to scrape them?

perhaps check how the youtube addon is handling this. bringing up the info window (without kodi trying to scrape) works fine there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks will have a look
Figured it out my url was a direct link... Once I added plug-in://plug-in.name/Acton=play video=directlink

It works as it should... I already had set the info. And the above isn't exactly how I put it either I am away from the PC so it's just shorthand figure you would know what I meant.. thanks again ronie.
Update:

After further testing.

Using plugin://plugin.test/?action=play&video=E:Movies\testmovie\testmovie.mkv
Works perfectly for local videos and absobing the normal info to only show the info inwhich I set in the plugin.

My new problem nows when I use smb video as I have Kodi setup to use MySQL so that I enjoy the pause in one room pick up in another features.

So using plugin://plugin.test/?action=play&video=smb://media-server/shared folder/testmovie/testmovie.mkv

I can generate the list perfectly and the info works as it should but the videos will not play.

If I make the url simlply smb://media-server/shared folder/testmovie/testmovie.mkv without the plugn perfix then the movie plays fine but on info it trys to can it into the library.

And ideas will be appreciated.
if you embed urls in urls you have to use url encoding for the embedded url
Do you know where a example maybe?

Or do you mean something like

Url=plugin://plugin.test/?action=play&video=+ urlencode(smb://media-server/shared/testmovie/testmovie.mkv)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon change default to play on click vs show info.0