• 11(current)
Release Special Features
(2018-04-26, 03:24)Powerhouse Wrote: Right, but there doesn't appear to be any difference between your offering, and what is already available. Even the problem that Rychem28 is talking about, is already fixed in the official one. Plus they already have versions for Kodi 16, 17 and 18 already.

I guess my question would be, what does yours do different, that the official one doesn't already do?

How does your addon handle the extra Videos in your library (so they don't get added to your Movie library)? In the "Extras" Addon, there is a special file you create (listed in the Wiki on how to do it) that prevents these Extra videos from being scanned into your Movie Library (yet still available from the Menu item of a Movie or TV Show to view whenever you want).
Ours handles extra files much the same way as the Extras addon (this is documented on the wiki for ours as well). Additionally, we have versions for Kodi 17 and 18 (we opted not to backport to 16). Ours features a stand-alone browser, theme integration (with several themes officially supporting us already, and patches pending for all the other official themes), context menu access (which can be disabled if you prefer to just use the provided theme integrations or patches), a custom snfo file allowing you to provide more detail on the extra videos, along with export/import functionality, SQL support, and the ability to use custom images in place of generated thumbnails if you so desire. @smitchell6879 originally wrote SF as a learning experience and because he was unhappy with the existing Extras addon. I joined the team for much the same reason - Extras just wasn't cutting it for me.

I guess my question for you would be... even if it was an identical feature set but independently written... why couldn't we release a second addon? What if it was written solely because we wanted to write something of our own? Great thing about an open-source ecosystem is that there are no real limits beyond ones imagination. If you can imagine something, and can get it written, there's no good reason not to release it, even if nobody but you uses it. When I first found SF, that's the state it was in... @smitchell6879 wrote it for his own use, because he wanted it his way and wanted to learn a bit. He released it because it was written and worked. It just so happened that I was about to write my own addon because I wasn't happy with Extras, and he was in need of a push, so to speak, to get SF to where it is today, so I opted to join him rather than starting my own... and we're just getting started!
(2018-04-25, 20:08)Rychem28 Wrote: Let me know if you can replicate or need any other information

So you may need to click on the image but you will see I have it working with two iso file in the extras folder. And it works... One thing I found testing is in your folder structure if you stacked the movies incorrectly they will appear in kodi but will not work kodi also give you a error for incorrect stacking and this addon will not scan the extras folder. So if your still having issues verify that you can watch the movie from kodi using kodi library... Again if kodi library does not support it either do we... this addon it for library intergration.

you may want to have a look at https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

@Powerhouse

To start with before this goes in the wrong direction. Special Features was wrote from the ground up no copy and paste stuff, anyones code that was used the owner knows as I did have help with a few small parts. As for how it differs from The original banned Extras Addon and from the kodi recommend Addon: Extras is that I am simply looking for complete intergration and We are not banned... I had spent time skinning enough to find out there is a lot more info and way to do thing that you are limited by with the skinning side alone. So I gave that up and started learning python with no background just a lot of reading and support from ppl were and there explaining different parts. With that I have a Big collection of full bluray rips and with Kodi 18 supporting bluray play back I wanted a way to easily watch my bonus disc without having them in the main library as a second movie and making clutter... and so here we are with evertiros help we are officially support by several of the popular and upcoming skins. This addon will required that additional file... Read the Readme for more on where it goes. Also where the other addons either run from just the context menu, we have a option for context and if you use a supported skin or want to patch on yourself you can have it button added to the information screen that I will take you directly into the special features of that movie... and being that it is a addon you can just open that addon and it will present you with a list of movie/ tv show that have special features. And lastly I run MySQL/mariadb centralized database in my home so this addon it wrote to support that. I have one time setup and all my client are updated instantly, I can pause/stop in one room and go to another and continue watching... So before you continue to come here and bash our project, why don't you actually try it out for yourself?

And then when you do have a real issue come back here and we will get you sorted out because that's what we do it eleven pages here that show we make mistakes and fix them, I have personally spent a hour and half testing @Rychem28 issue tonight to fine it is not in our program and I don't mind supporting the project but come here being rude. Remember I am not getting paid Smile
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
@smitchell6879 Thanks for looking into this for me. Kodi displays/stacks the 2 movie ISO's correctly and displays it as one movie. I can play either part using the option in the context menu with no issues so don't think there is any issue with the stacking of the movie ISO's. Sadly the Extra's folder still does not get displayed with the movies directory being unable to be found.

I did a test with the Extra's add-on and this will display the extras folder with the other ISO's properly but I imagine that it is because it does this more crudely.

I did a little digging into file naming and did find something interesting (I think). When going into the information page for the stacked movie ISO's, Kodi displays the second disc (in my case LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring dvd2.iso) as the root disc, folder is as expected (i.e. E:\movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\) Not sure if that leads to any insight.

Thanks again,
(2018-04-26, 16:23)Rychem28 Wrote: @smitchell6879 Thanks for looking into this for me. Kodi displays/stacks the 2 movie ISO's correctly and displays it as one movie. I can play either part using the option in the context menu with no issues so don't think there is any issue with the stacking of the movie ISO's. Sadly the Extra's folder still does not get displayed with the movies directory being unable to be found.

I did a test with the Extra's add-on and this will display the extras folder with the other ISO's properly but I imagine that it is because it does this more crudely.

I did a little digging into file naming and did find something interesting (I think). When going into the information page for the stacked movie ISO's, Kodi displays the second disc (in my case LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring dvd2.iso) as the root disc, folder is as expected (i.e. E:\movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\) Not sure if that leads to any insight.

Thanks again,

Alright do one thing for me.First make sure your on special features version 3.0.3, next close Kodi open the file explorer navigate to LOTR folder, change the name to "Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) part1.iso" & "Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) part2.iso". While there be sure the extras folder is spelled "Extras". Now doing this all in one session and then I will need the debug to verify a few things once you finish the following steps... Open Kodi go to videos sources, navigate to the video source that has the LOTR highlight LOTR and press "info" either using "I" or the context menu, this should begin a search to add it into your library. Once it is added go back to movies LOTR and you will see it listed twice . Once your way and once my way. Now go back home and go to addons. Highlight Special Features press "c" to bring up the context menu. Select Settings, go to advanced settings change the name of the database to "testdb" or anything this is to be sure it is fresh start. Now select "ok" to close the settings . Now open Special Features you will see the list of all, Movies, Tv select Movies and it will do a new scan of everything you have. When it is done if you still do not have the LOTR in show up in this list then send me a debug. And we will go from there because until I can replicate the error I cant fix it. and on my side there is no error in functionality.
Not being rude at all, just actually curious as to the differences from your addon and the "Extras" addon, since there is really no mention in all these pages about what is different (or at least none that I could see). So thanks for listing some of the differences, perhaps you can add the information you posted above to the first page of this thread, so as to help other people understand what your addon has to offer (which is quite a bit more than the "Extras" addon).

Also, it would be beneficial to list the Skins that support your extra features (in the fist post) as well (as it helped me take a look at the Rapier skin just now). Pimping your software based on the Skins who support it, is a good way to get your addon noticed by more people.
Okay I have tried what you suggested, and still no luck importing anything from the Extras folder. Debug log file was too big to post. I can PM if needed.

Thanks again.
(2018-04-27, 00:33)Rychem28 Wrote: Okay I have tried what you suggested, and still no luck importing anything from the Extras folder. Debug log file was too big to post. I can PM if needed.

Thanks again.

PM is fine that's the only way to get the slights idea what is going on.

@Powerhouse everything you asking is in the readme file.
(2018-04-26, 21:46)Powerhouse Wrote: Not being rude at all, just actually curious as to the differences from your addon and the "Extras" addon, since there is really no mention in all these pages about what is different (or at least none that I could see). So thanks for listing some of the differences, perhaps you can add the information you posted above to the first page of this thread, so as to help other people understand what your addon has to offer (which is quite a bit more than the "Extras" addon).

Also, it would be beneficial to list the Skins that support your extra features (in the fist post) as well (as it helped me take a look at the Rapier skin just now). Pimping your software based on the Skins who support it, is a good way to get your addon noticed by more people.
 All of those features are listed on the wiki page, github, and our website, all of which are linked from the first post and the addon page itself.

Edit: Correction, the website isn't listed on the first post. The Wiki and Github are though.
Seems like I cannot PM. See below

https://pastebin.com/MP5Pz5XH
(2018-04-27, 01:25)Rychem28 Wrote: Seems like I cannot PM.
 For security reasons, there's a post limit on when you're allowed to PM. If you prefer to keep the log private, feel free to remove the link. We've got a copy of it.
(2018-04-27, 01:25)Rychem28 Wrote: Seems like I cannot PM. See below

Alright as I suspected...

html:
:23:33.629 T:6404 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://E:\Movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001) part1.iso , E:\Movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001) part2.iso\.nomedia
18:23:33.633 T:6404 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'E:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '5.1.2')

I am not sure what the .nomedia file is but you have a issue the the stack and as long as Kodi does not support it I have no way of making it right without a hack... If you want you can try your naming convention again but look for that line in debug I too have issue when stacking movies and try to avoid it.

@Karellen

Any suggestions?
(2018-04-27, 03:43)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2018-04-27, 01:25)Rychem28 Wrote: Seems like I cannot PM. See below

Alright as I suspected...

html:
:23:33.629 T:6404 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://E:\Movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001) part1.iso , E:\Movies\LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring\Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001) part2.iso\.nomedia
18:23:33.633 T:6404 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'E:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '5.1.2')

I am not sure what the .nomedia file is but you have a issue the the stack and as long as Kodi does not support it I have no way of making it right without a hack... If you want you can try your naming convention again but look for that line in debug I too have issue when stacking movies and try to avoid it.

@Karellen

Any suggestions?   
 I had similar issues for a while until I actually started paying attention to naming standards. The following works for me:

txt:
Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001)\Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings (2001) disc1.iso

Note the folder name and file name match (save the 'disc1'). I also have the option 'Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title' enabled under the source settings.
Thanks to @jurialmunkey for merging our pull requests to add Special Features support to the Arctic: Zephyr and Eminence 2 skins (still have one pending for (fuse)neue)! We're getting more officially supported themes all the time!
The presence of a .nomedia file should cause the folder to be skipped by the scraper and not scanned into the library with metadata etc.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-04-27, 10:26)DarrenHill Wrote: The presence of a .nomedia file should cause the folder to be skipped by the scraper and not scanned into the library with metadata etc.

In this case then special features will now add it if it is not in Kodi library.. so maybe that is you issue with the first iso you say it works but the second has . nomedia inturn is when it doesn't work... So maybe trun removing .nomedia from the second .iso once this is working in kodi's library it will work in the add-on.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1