Req v18 Leia code - Movie Collections 2.0
First up, sorry about creating a new thread on Movie Sets. In doing a search I found Movie Sets 2.0 here ( https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...Movie+Sets ) and some other suggested ideas however this is some what different to those that I found and hope the developers can give a little insight into plans for better Movie Collection metadata being displayed in skins..

I'm curious to know if restrictions or simply difficult code changes in the base Kodi platform that's holding back the use of a base .NFO file in a movie collection folder. The folder structure on the HDD from what I understand is the below if not mistaken;
> Movie Collection
        > Movie 1
        > Movie 2 etc.

To me it seems easy to introduce something similar to the TV Shows.NFO to the base folder of a movie collection and utilise what is already working in skins but display additional metadata accordingly. Currently in any movie .NFO file the use of duplicate lines of code are being displayed in skins with a '/' or [CR] between them for example;
<credits>Writer 1</credits>
<credits>Writer 2</credits> and
<director>Director 1</director>
<director>Director 2</director>

So could it be possible to do the same for <year></year> and <title></title> ?

Extra metadata for Sets / Collections seems to be a standard request by many users but it's not yet in the base package nor base skins from what I can tell. Would something suggested above work into the future? Has there been much thought about displaying collections metadata a standard feature from Kodi v18 base code and in the packaged skins or is this something that requires a lot of changing in the base code to make it work properly or are add-on scripts the only way like helper.skin to make it work into the future relying on the creators to maintain the add-ons.

Sure the suggested would involve users creating the base .NFO file manually and entering the data but the end result would be something easy to scrape and something that users could customise themselves for example how to display the Title order according to the written order of the .NFO file (<title>Title 1</title> before <title>Title 2</title> or vice versa).

A welcoming addition to .nfo files was the code <overview> which would still be used in this instance of the base .NFO file but it wouldn't need to be used in the first movie title, only to the base .NFO file.

So an example of a base Movie Sets.NFO file (maybe call it this by default) would be something like the below;
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>Movie 1</title>
    <title>Movie 2</title>
    <rating>10.0</rating>
    <thumb preview="">poster.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart />
    <set>
        <name>My Movie Collection</name>
        <overview>The overview of the movie collection</overview>
    </set>
    <credits>Writer 1</credits>
    <credits>Writer 2</credits>
    <director>Director 1</director>
    <director>Director 2</director>
    <year>Year 1</year>
    <year>Year 2</year>
</movie>

Etc. etc. You get the idea.

Would the above be possible given it's already using existing code flags from .NFO files with the added lines of metadata (if required) to be displayed, and not to mention the use of movie set folder.jpg / poster.jpg and fanart files (as it is with TV Shows) or would this be to difficult to incorporate into the Kodi base code?

I'm sure that this has been thought about, it seems easy enough to one person but difficult to code and for that I understand if it is the case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 Leia code - Movie Collections 2.00