v17 kodi not adding band of brothers
Sad 
hi, is there anyone who can give me a walk through on exactly how to get kodi to add to the tv shows? ive tried for several days and I'm getting nowhere. ive named them over and over in diff ways according to the posts read . its either not recognizing my source or the names or both. idk.  I'm doing this. HD\tv\band of brothers\season 1\ band.of.brothers.s01e01.avi  

I go into kodi and into the tv shows where it tells me I have nothing in the folder and to chose "files" and give a source. I navigate to the above source and the scraper seems to work but when I go back to "tv show" tab it always says nothing is in there?

so please if anyone can give me a walk through to get just one episode recognized I'm sure I can get the others.... thanks...
Hi acshellenbarger

I have attempted to look up the show at TVDB, but it is offline as I keep getting 503 Errors.

The folder and file name you provided in your post. Is that a straight Copy and Paste? If yes, there is a space between the backslash and "band". Try removing the space and see if that helps.

If that does not fix it, then you will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run and Update Library to scrape the show. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes thetvdb seems to be down.

That would certainly cause a failure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
TheTVDB is up now and has an entry for "Band of Brothers" so the scrape should work OK using the structure you show (although I use file names like S01E01.avi to avoid any risk of confusing the scraper). Check the status of TheTVDB before you try again.

Andy
thanks I will try that and get back to you Smile
hi , heres my log file. still not able to get band of brothers to scrape and add. ?

[font]https://paste.ubuntu.com/26419017/[/font]
Which is correct...

1. band of brothers was already in the library and I am trying to add new episodes
2. I am trying to add band of brothers to my library for the first time.

Also that log is no good as you haven't enabled debug mode....
  1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the results and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
[font]https://paste.ubuntu.com/26422645/

hope I did it right this time. still no luck scraping[/font]
[font]https://paste.ubuntu.com/26422645/[/font]
What is the answer to my question?
My Signature
I just rescanned my collection of Band of Brothers and it worked well, but it looks like I got a network timeout first time round, you might want to attempt a few tries.

from your log:

Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/

07:40:16.746 T:40084   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
07:40:16.746 T:40084 WARNING: No information found for item 'C:\TV\band of brothers\season 1\band of brothers.s01e03.avi', it won't be added to the library.
What versions of the addonmetadata.tvdb.com

do you have?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
2. I am trying to add band of brothers to my library for the first time.
ver 3.0.1

kodi repos
(2018-01-21, 12:40)acshellenbarger Wrote: 2. I am trying to add band of brothers to my library for the first time.

Ok, that is a shame. If you had chosen 1 it would have been an easy fix.

I see the error when trying to scrape, but don't understand why it is happening. I will ask someone who might understand why, and either he or I will reply.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi not adding band of brothers0