still pictures are in 1080p when interface set to 2160p
Sorry to put that here, but nobody seem to be reading the "picture section"

I'm running Kodi 17.5 on a Vero4K (with osmc)
On Osmc forum, nobody want to help me cause it's a "Kodi question". So I'm asking here

The interface is set on 2160p, my tv is 2160p, I can watch 2160p videos, but, in the pictures, section, it is 1080p (downsized?)

Can someone help me?

Vincent
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Reading vero kernel source: https://github.com/osmc/vero3-linux/blob...2g_16g.dts <- it's force to 1080p60 there and fb0 only has enough memory reserved for 1080p. Video is rendered bypass. Fix that :-) but I honestly doubt that it can render GLES in 4k. Bypass is done by a blackbox directly into FB1 without going through the GPU. Remember: On ARM chips one has to highly distinguish between 3D GPUs that one knows from the desktop and a VPU. Most of the time they are tied specially via an IPU that outputs without having to read memory back like the 3D GPU needed to do.

So in short: If OSMC configures the FB for 4k (which they cannot do by default in a hardcoded way) you will get 4k GUI in kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That was waaaaay too technical for me.

What do I have to do exactly (or try) ?
(2018-01-19, 20:12)devinv Wrote: Sorry to put that here, but nobody seem to be reading the "picture section"
Next time, just create your own topic from the start, as you did now.
Hijacking a 2016/2017 topic will not get noticed that easily. Smile
(2018-01-19, 21:08)devinv Wrote: What do I have to do exactly (or try) ?
You will need to connect via a SSH connection to your Vero/OSMC box,
and enter the command cat /sys/class/display/mode
You can paste the result here in this thread.
Better: Ask in osmc forum if Sam can provide you a build that forces primary framebuffer to 4k
osmc@v4kosmc:~$ cat /sys/class/display/mode
2160p30hz
This is after boot or while watching a movie?
It is after I set the system to 3840 x 2160 via the osmc interface. No reboot
When I put it back to 1920 x 1080 (still no reboot) it goes back to  :  1080p30hz
Okay - then see above, nothing kodi can do fr you as it's a vero / kernel configuration. I really wonder  why it renders in 30hz -> isn't the whole interface  stuttering like hell?
no, the interface is fine.
But I don't leave it in this format as long as my picture problem is not solved.

Sam said he will recompile it for me (with the change you suggested) and send me a patch.
Thanks.
I'll keep you posted

Vincent

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
still pictures are in 1080p when interface set to 2160p0