Kodi 17.6 Path Substitution for sharing passwords.xml not working on some clients
As the title indicates, I have my media stored on a FreeNAS server behind a password protected share.  I have a second share that is guest browseable which hosts the sources.xml file, a copy of my advancedsettings.xml file (for quick setup of new clients) and a copy of passwords.xml.  I have included the relevant from my advancedsettings.xml and my passwords.xml.  On my windows 7 sp1 pro x64 machine this setup appears to work just fine, I can play content and browse through my source in the files view.  However on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine kodi segfaults before the GUI is loaded.  If I remove the pathsubstitution for the passwords file and put a copy locally in ~/.kodi/userdata/ kodi is able to start and work as expected.  The only thing I could find about this was a thread from 2013 that mentioned it once with no resolution.  (logs have been sanitized to remove user names)

I find it odd that it would work (at least I assume it is working) on windows but cause a segfault in linux.  Both clients are kodi 17.6 and both machines can talk to the NAS through their respective file browsers.

Crash log: https://pastebin.com/VF2J5uTF

exterp from advansettings.xml
xml:
<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
            <to>smb://192.168.1.200/kodi_common/sources.xml</to>
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/passwords.xml</from>
            <to>smb://192.168.1.200/kodi_common/passwords.xml</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

passwords.xml
xml:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.200/Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/Movies/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.200/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/TV Shows/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Path Substitution for sharing passwords.xml not working on some clients0