Need help with subtitles for 4K / HDR using madvr
Hi All

I've been using Kodi for many years now, but only recently I installed the DSPlayer version (17.6) in order to play my 4K UHD content as it does most of the HDR settings by default.

There is just one problem I have so far, when I play a 4K UHD movie via the DSPlayer using madvr it plays perfectly fine, however as soon as I activate the subtitle while playing the movie it automatically loses HDR (I get washed colors), then when I stop the movie and start it again everything is back to normal. So basically the I lose HDR or the display goes yellow/orange every time I activate the subtitle.

Is there perhaps anybody out there that is experiencing the same or similar problem? Or do I just have the wrong setting?

Any help will be appreciated.
Hello!
I have the exact same problem, flawless until subtitles is enabled. Problem with the subtitle filter? Anyone have a solution?

Kind regards, Victor
Nothing?
Still have this issue with:
-Fresh install windows 10
-Fresh install DSplayer kodi
-Fresh install madvr
DSPlayer builds are not official or endorsed by the Kodi Team, we however do tolerate a support thread on this forum so perhaps try there.
Hi jjd-uk

Do you perhaps have the link for exact thread?

Thanks for your advice.
Hi Galnastavalla

Have you managed any progress or perhaps a solution to this issue? I really am desperate:-(

Regards,
Shaun
Hi

Anybody out there that may have found a resolution to this issue? Or guide me in the correct direction?

Any help would really be appreciated.
Please check in this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175
Hi drpizznock

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I've actually been to that thread already but unfortunately there is nothing that relates to the issue that I have, I've tried to change just about every setting relating to the Subtitle on madvr but still no luck.

The weird this is there are other people that also have this issue but at this stage I haven't come across any solution.

Hopefully some else will also come forward:-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with subtitles for 4K / HDR using madvr0