Add scrapped meta data next to music file
Quote:With this initial scrape, I would like to have Kodi add all art nfo etc in the NAS drive folder and use it from there.
That is not how the scraper works.

Quote:Or, would you recommend a different tool for doing the initial scraping?
The default Universal Artist and Album scarpers work well, I recommend them Smile

What you want to do takes 2 separate steps: 1) scrape the art you want (so that Kodi has the urls etc. in the library, and images in cache) using Universal scrapers. 2) Export what has been scraped into individual files.

BTW you do not need to scrape art when adding the music source, in fact with v17 you will get more accurate results by doing it as a separate action after all the music files have been scanned, and all the artists and albums added to the library. It can be done from the context menu as I suggested.

Kodi does not need 2) but you want to acheive separate art files. Export is a simpel way to do it.

Someone may come along and tell you to install a media manager, but that really isn't necessary. But can you explain why you want to have separate art files? Maybe there is something else or more to ask/explain.

Finally sorry but I am not the best guy for step-bystep instructions, my head is deeply burried in v18 development, I would get it wrong. I hope that another user or team member with that knowledge comes along soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add scrapped meta data next to music file - by DaveBlake - 2018-01-30, 19:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add scrapped meta data next to music file0