Zoom/scale aspect ratio for live TV
One of my local stations broadcasts a 16:9 video into a 4:3 stream. So it looks stretched out with black bars on top on screen. I can't figure out how to zoom/stretch the video so it appears correctly. On my TV I can do this when the station come through the antenna. But now it's coming through HDMI from my RPi3 running Kodi (via a NextPVR plugin) and the TV only lets me choose 16:9 or 4:3. If I choose 4:3 on my TV it looks right but now there's black on all four sides of the video (lame). I'm using the iOS Kodi Remote app to control everything. Using the "keyboard" to press "z" doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a way to adjust this?
So I tried 'z' on my Windows laptop running Kodi and in principle it does what I want by cycling through different ways to stretch and zoom the image. But it doesn't have the particular zoom mode that I want. I'm looking into potentially modifying the code and doing a pull request if needed.
Could you please tell us which kind of TV that is?

Normally TVs should have Zoom or Overscan options for each input it has. Such as "Wide" or "Normal". Depends on the manufactor. So it would be nice to get more details about the TV. So we could look at the manual and probably point you to the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zoom/scale aspect ratio for live TV0