Add contents to library
Hi,

I use a addon which acts as a video source, i.e., opening the addon gives me a filetree I can navigate and play items from.
I'd like to integrate this with the usual video library, such that files within the tree are detected as videos and added to the
library. Is there a way to achieve this with addons?

Best,
antipattern
Possibly, it depends on the addon. You'd have to give us a bit more to go off.
It applies to different addons, one example is 'plugin.video.ardmediathek_de', which provides access to recently aired movies on ARD. I'd like to integrate those into my library.
You could try https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=268997
This looks interesting, they appear to be using strm files to extend the library, I'll have a look at their code.

It seems to me though that since addons which are a plugin source could(?) be more easily integrated, if
it was possible to consider them like a filesystem. Is there a way to do this?
People can add Library Integration into their addons if they wish to do so, it's been done in the past. You'd have to ask the author of the addon to add it into their code.
That method is a total hack and is not something we would endorse to be done. A better method needs to be added
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So currently there is now better way to achieve this?
(2018-02-06, 23:07)Martijn Wrote: That method is a total hack and is not something we would endorse to be done. A better method needs to be added
 I am interested in this as well what would be a better way?  As I do agree .strm files have some serious downsides.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add contents to library0