Strange video behaviour after 4K video played
I've encountered the same strange behaviour after I play a 4K h.265 video on two android devices.

Setup:

Kodi 17.6 played from both (i) Formuler z7+ running Android 7, and (ii) MyGica 495 pro hdr running Android 6
TV: Samsung JU7100
Direct input from android box to TV
Device Resolution set to 3840x2160

Issue:

When playing a 4K h.265 video, everything works fine. However, when I exit the video the colours and contrast are way off. Everything is high contrast, dark, and very saturated. This is not limited to only Kodi, but all screens and video outputs on the device.

I can "correct" the issue by either (i) changing the device resolution to something other than 3840x2160 (then switching back) and everything is back to normal, or (ii) cycling the input on the TV off the device and back.

If I play a standard 1080 or 720 video, everything is fine.

FWIW is get the same behaviour when I use the current stable build of SPMC too.

I actually returned the Formuler because I thought it was a hardware issue and swapped it for the MyGica. I previously used a MyGica 1800e and had no issues, but that device cannot hardware decode h.265 cannot replicate the issue on that device.

FWIW (2): I'll be plugging the box into a Marantz NR1605 receiver in a few days. Not sure how this will affect this issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions for rectifying this behaviour?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Log file link below.

I started Kodi, played a 4k h.265 file for a few seconds, stopped it, the problem occurred, I cycled the input on the tv, and the problem was fixed.

Hope there's something obvious here that I'm doing wrong or can be an easy fix.

https://pastebin.com/CV3gWYEL

Cheers,
Aaron

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange video behaviour after 4K video played0