• 25(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Watched status (Mark as Watched) is not working for me either... Version 4.0.13 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ running XBian (Matrix 19.2).
How to Patch Add-on for KODI 18.x LEIA ONLY:

Kodi Matrix users should skip this post.

Updated 2023-05-20

Kodi 18.x LEIA Prerequisites:

• Video add-on Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) version 4.0.6 for Kodi 18 Leia is installed.
  • This video add-on is configured with a valid CBC Username and Password.

Patch steps follow:

1. Download and install new dependency plugin library script.module.routing.

2. Create replacement files for the following:

For example for each file: open file link above, open a text editor, copy the file link contents, paste into text editor, save the file with above listed filename, and exit the text editor.

3. Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.cbc is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/ for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi.
    • ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/ for Kodi on Ubuntu where ~ is your home directory.

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

4. Copy the new files over top of the existing kodi files.

For example on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 9.2.8 installed I used the following commands:

scp -p default.py [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/

scp -p strings.po [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb/

scp -p cbc.py livechannels.py utils.py [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/

Note that you would need to substitute the IP address for your Raspberry Pi (see System -> System Info).
Any chance of this fix being added to the repo so we can automatically update?  I thought someone had taken the addon over from T1m.
@huntman  I took it over. Its been fixed for 11 days: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/3750.

Are you asking me to backport it to 18?
I don't see the "RTP Play" add-on in the official Kodi Add-on Repository.
(2021-10-21, 16:53)micahg Wrote: @huntman  I took it over. Its been fixed for 11 days: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/3750.

Are you asking me to backport it to 18?
Thanks micahg.  Yeah, I'm still on Kodi 18.9.
OK, sorry, but I'm not able to commit time to support older versions.
(2021-10-21, 18:42)micahg Wrote: OK, sorry, but I'm not able to commit time to support older versions.

Understood.  Thanks for taking over the addon and updating for the current version.
(2021-10-21, 17:31)huntman Wrote: I don't see the "RTP Play" add-on in the official Kodi Add-on Repository.

@huntman if you are unable to find the "RTP Play" video add-on in the official Kodi Add-on Repository then you might try downloading the release for Kodi LEIA from github: RTP Play 5.0.14.
(2021-10-10, 16:35)micahg Wrote: Please let me know if authentication is still broken for you -- I noticed that there are services that I'm not entitled to (i'm not premium and can't watch...

Premium?  isn't it just a matter of signing up for Gem? or is there a paywall?

what I'm really here to ask is if there's a difference between the FFMPEG and IS.A (or IS.H?) option in settings as far as the IPTV Simple integration (this was a NICE enhancement) is concerned?  

(if you can do similar work for other broadcasters up here, you'd be a god @micahg - Global would be awesome)
yeah there is premium -- go look on their website.

my beef with FFMPEG is how it handles HLS streams by actually parsing the toplevel playlist, then every child playlist, then sampling at least one ts segment of each child playlist. All synchronously afaik. This makes the lag on playback significant.

IS.H doesn't do that.

No I'm not doing another broadcaster -- CBC has a free offering and I do this to bridge the digital divide for all Citizens (and in my city the CBC doesn't have an OTA broadcast). The others require a cable sub so I'd really only be helping them add subs -- no thankyou.
(2021-10-26, 16:56)heysoundude Wrote: Premium?  isn't it just a matter of signing up for Gem? or is there a paywall?
CBC GEM Pay Structure (Scroll down page)

As we posted earlier in the thread, both Global and CTV (although available OTA) rip people off by forcing them to have a cable provider to access their streams. 

I agree that it would be great if someone could pick up the TVO addon and the NFB would be great as well as there are a ton of great vids there.  There was an addon for it.  The NFB website is built into the Catch Up TV & More addon but it is limited.  There is no search and it is difficult to find what you are looking for.
(2021-10-26, 17:30)micahg Wrote: and in my city the CBC doesn't have an OTA broadcast). The others require a cable sub
Me too, we're getting ripped off coming and going.  I'm paying tax dollars to support something I can't even receive. Sad
Ever think about looking at TVO and NFB?  The TVO addon is VOD (no stream)
(2021-10-26, 17:45)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-10-26, 17:30)micahg Wrote: and in my city the CBC doesn't have an OTA broadcast). The others require a cable sub
Me too, we're getting ripped off coming and going Sad 
Ever think about looking at TVO and NFB?  The TVO addon is VOD (no stream)
Um... getting off topic here, but if you PM me a link to the live stream I can take a look.
(2021-10-26, 18:23)micahg Wrote: Um... getting off topic here, but if you PM me a link to the live stream I can take a look.
Appreciate the response but neither NFB or TVO are live streams
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1