• 30(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
I don't *think* kodi 20 is an issue as its working for me and barney.

But yeah, if you can get a good log with a crash in it we can address it.
'Just to chime in, this add-on works with Kodi 20 Nexus on both Raspberry Pi 3 (with LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20230118-a283803.img.gz) and on 2017 NVidia Shield.
grasping  at straws here. I noticed in one of my crash logs there was an error
error : CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed:
that occurred just before it crashed. I have changed the Display setting from default to HDMI A-O. I didn't get a crash after that so fingers crossed it was just an incorrect display setting
grasping  at straws here. I noticed in one of my crash logs there was an error
error : CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
that occurred just before it crashed. I have changed the Display setting from default to HDMI A-O. I didn't get a crash after that so fingers crossed it was just an incorrect display setting
maybe just a strange coincidence...

do post if you run into something we can fix.
Yes it was a coincidence I guess as more crashes after a reboot. Sometime it will play sometimes crashes. The only error message I notice on the Crash log is
Quote:2023-01-26 15:55:03.550 T:60905   error <general>: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - No such property “OnLowBattery”
2023-01-26 15:55:03.550 T:60905    info <general>: Selected UPower as PowerSyscall
2023-01-26 15:55:03.550 T:60905   error <general>: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - No such property “CanSuspend”
2023-01-26 15:55:03.550 T:60905   error <general>: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - No such property “CanHibernate”
Yeah, that doesn't appear to have anything to do with this addon -- sorry.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371573

seems some people are also having similar issues with Kodi 20. As often happens with new releases
I'm not able to view News Network today. Possibly it isn't getting a userid/password. I've been able to view NN for months. This is a new problem. I can access other CBC channels.
@PatriciaW I can confirm its not just you. I also cannot access CBC News Network.

I *think* they may have finally gotten around to ending the never-ending free preview from when Gem launched. If you view the website (https://gem.cbc.ca/live) it clearly states news network requires a premium account.

So, if you don't like that, contact your MP.

Also, if someone *with* premium can confirm its broken for them as well, I can maybe take a look at fixing it - I don't personally pay for premium access.
I should have mentioned that I have Premium and I tried using the userid/password that works on the browser and also my ipad app.
I can confirm what micahg said (I also don't have a premium account). NN not working for me either.  Maybe they have finally locked it down.  The sign in process looks new.  Maybe there's still hope if PatriciaW cannot login with a Premium account.
(2023-03-23, 02:48)PatriciaW Wrote: I should have mentioned that I have Premium and I tried using the userid/password that works on the browser and also my ipad app.
Just to be clear, when you say you have premium you are paying for that account?  The rest of us have a free account that uses a username and password.

CBC GEM Pay Structure (Scroll down page)
I have a Premium Account and I pay $5/month for it. I have a userid/password to use it.
@PatriciaW I tried to "email" you through the forum (and sent you my personal email) to see if we can work out a solution.  LMK if you don't receive it.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1