Android Nvidia Shield - LG OLED TV
Dear Users,

I was wondering if any of you have a LG OLED tv and have issues with smooth playback.
I own a LG OLED 65EF950V and experiencing 1 frame skip/stutter every couple of seconds.
When it occurs when the camera is panning from side to side or someone walks by...you literally see 1 stutter/shock (sound doesnt skip)

I completely reinstalled Kodi and SPMC a couple of times but keep having this issue.
It seems that when a movie has a True-HD audio track the problem is more visible/occur more often then a TV Show with a Dolby Digital + (DD+) Audio track.

I would like to know how your kodi/spmc is setup (what settings you used) and what TV settings you are using.
I got al digital enhancers etc. OFF except for True Cinema.
True Cinema is ON for a 'better' 24p experience.

I hope we can sort out this problem so i can experience smooth playback all the time.

Setup;

Nvidia Shield -> HDMI 2.0b Cable -> Denon AVR-X6400H -> HDMI 2.0b -> LG OLED 65EF950V

Thanks,
Mitch.
Check out

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...-1080p-GUI
or
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...ith-4K-GUI
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2018-02-13, 17:40)Raitsa Wrote: Check out

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...-1080p-GUI
or
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...ith-4K-GUI
 Thanks for the reply but i already applied these settings, doesn't help unfortunately.
I have tried Kodi 17.6....Kodi 16 Nightly Builds and SPMC different versions.
i have a lg b7a and truMotion makes things look bad IMO.
(2018-02-13, 19:24)rontonomo Wrote: truMotion makes things look bad IMO.
 Who said anything about truMotion?
truMotion indeed looks bad so thats why its off.....

Real Cinema is on...so im sorry for the misunderstanding because i said True Cinema instead of Real Cinema (24p)
did you try to disable real cinema as well?
also read up on pixel shift (lg tv setting) and what is does when its off and the proper way to disable it. IMO the picture looks way smoother with pixel shift off but at the same time you might get burn in if left on the same screen without any movement for to long.
(2018-02-14, 00:00)rontonomo Wrote: did you try to disable real cinema as well?
also read up on pixel shift (lg tv setting) and what is does when its off and the proper way to disable it. IMO the picture looks way smoother with pixel shift off but at the same time you might get burn in if left on the same screen without any movement for to long.
 I did try to disable Real Cinema as well but then i find the picture looking/moving sluggish....like when a camera is panning it is smooth but there is a slight hickup to it (like its going step by step).

I dont think my OLED screen has the pixel shift option, i didnt find it anyway...maybe because its an older model?

From what i understand, you dont experience the issues i am talking about? You use a Nvidia Shield? Which Kodi/SPMC build?

Thanks for the replies so far!
nvidia shield tv 2015 with kodi 17.6
(2018-02-14, 00:46)rontonomo Wrote: nvidia shield tv 2015 with kodi 17.6
 I got the same Shield, but using SPMC since they say thats better...but i dont know why or if its true.
What settings do you have enabled on the TV...and what settings do you use for Kodi??

Cause if u dont experience what i experience, i would like to rule out any setting....

Could also tell me your setup? Are you using a receiver or directly hooked up to the TV?

Sorry for all the questions but i just want this annoying thing to disappear...
shield - hdmi - onkyo tx-nr757 - hdmi - lg oledb7a
all enhancements on tv disabled
on shield adjust display refresh rate set to on start/stop
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-14, 01:47)rontonomo Wrote: shield - hdmi - onkyo tx-nr757 - hdmi - lg oledb7a
all enhancements on tv disabled
on shield adjust display refresh rate set to on start/stop
 You also have Real Cinema disabled?

I was just thinking....could it be possible that that 1 stutter/frameskip could be caused by the Refresh Rate? My TV switches to 24hz once a movie starts but bluray movies are 23.976hz, right? could that slight difference in Hz cause a skip every couple of seconds/minutes??

I will also try to upload a LOG later today
With another box (X92) and LG Oled TV, I set Kodi Display Refresh to 23.976. It switches my Oled to 24Hz, 50Hz or 60Hz, as needed.
If I set Kodi display refresh to 24, then I have stutter every cople of secconds with 23.976 movies...
(2018-02-14, 14:07)Sholander Wrote: With another box (X92) and LG Oled TV, I set Kodi Display Refresh to 23.976. It switches my Oled to 24Hz, 50Hz or 60Hz, as needed.
If I set Kodi display refresh to 24, then I have stutter every cople of secconds with 23.976 movies...
 My Kodi Resolution settings were 3840×2160 at 59,94Hz and it does change the TV Refresh Rate to 24Hz once a movie starts but just to test I changed it to 3840×2160 at 23,97Hz and will try out a movie tonight and see what happens.
Only disadvantage now is that Kodi doesnt navigate smooth because of the lower Hz.....
(2018-02-15, 15:43)Mitchlw Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 14:07)Sholander Wrote: With another box (X92) and LG Oled TV, I set Kodi Display Refresh to 23.976. It switches my Oled to 24Hz, 50Hz or 60Hz, as needed.
 My Kodi Resolution settings were 3840×2160 at 59,94Hz and it does change the TV Refresh Rate to 24Hz once a movie starts but just to test I changed it to 3840×2160 at 23,97Hz and will try out a movie tonight and see what happens.
Only disadvantage now is that Kodi doesnt navigate smooth because of the lower Hz..... 
Well, much less annoying than frame skip every now and then Smile
Forgot to mention, my Oled is 1920x1080/60, so this might not work for yours...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield - LG OLED TV0