• 141(current)
Release Aura
This is my favorite skin. It’s slimmer and works faster for me than ah or az.

i hope aura will be lifted to Kodi 19
I would consider donating a small amount towards this effort if it eventually comes across, it's a particuarly fantastic skin.
Install jurialmunkey repo and I believe you can install Aura for Leia
I have modified this skin for personal use (not using all the bells and whistles, mostly just like the simplistic layout, ratings from all sources).

I have it working for Matrix (though have not completely removed/updated all things that maybe still broken)

I did remove dependencies that are not available anymore, and installed some new ones, like plugin.video.themoviedb.helper (to get ratings details, from RT)

I modified to display the rotten tomatoes data, and it seems to work.

Basically (as time permits), I will probably keep working on this skin to "fix" what I can, and maybe add some features.

This will be slow going at first, as I have never done skin mods before (though I do have considerable experience with coding, mostly Perl, MySQL, Unix, XML etc, which makes it a bit easier to follow along in the code and make/test tweaks).

I might setup a GIT repository if there is enough interest in trying this MOD out (and even better if others would be willing to help work on it).

I'll check back from time to time to gauge interest.
(2021-03-11, 23:37)kcook_shield Wrote: I have modified this skin for personal use (not using all the bells and whistles, mostly just like the simplistic layout, ratings from all sources).

I have it working for Matrix (though have not completely removed/updated all things that maybe still broken)

I did remove dependencies that are not available anymore, and installed some new ones, like plugin.video.themoviedb.helper (to get ratings details, from RT)

I modified to display the rotten tomatoes data, and it seems to work.

Basically (as time permits), I will probably keep working on this skin to "fix" what I can, and maybe add some features.

This will be slow going at first, as I have never done skin mods before (though I do have considerable experience with coding, mostly Perl, MySQL, Unix, XML etc, which makes it a bit easier to follow along in the code and make/test tweaks).

I might setup a GIT repository if there is enough interest in trying this MOD out (and even better if others would be willing to help work on it).

I'll check back from time to time to gauge interest.
i don't have any skills for mod this beautiful skin but i hope you can with other users skills.
If you want to share your git you're welcome.
Good luck!
New MOD for this skin to run on Matrix is available for those wanting to test:

https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura

I have made basic changes to get this to load under Matrix (and am using it as I like this skin).

I'll try to clean up code, fixes things that don't work and maybe some feature additions (once I get more familiar with skinning).

Enjoy!
(2021-03-13, 04:24)kcook_shield Wrote: New MOD for this skin to run on Matrix is available for those wanting to test:

I have made basic changes to get this to load under Matrix (and am using it as I like this skin).

I'll try to clean up code, fixes things that don't work and maybe some feature additions (once I get more familiar with skinning).

Enjoy!

Thank you so much. It seems to work...
I'll update you about bugs/glitches if I manage to find any.
Thanks again.... I was really bummed when I couldn't use my fav skin, just because my nvidia shield decided to update kodi.
(2021-03-13, 04:24)kcook_shield Wrote: New MOD for this skin to run on Matrix is available for those wanting to test:

Enjoy!
will test today
Love this skin would love to try out the new mod you made but not sure how to install on Kodi 19
Can yo share instructions please and thank you for keeping this great skin alive!
(2021-03-13, 20:02)dallasnights Wrote: Love this skin would love to try out the new mod you made but not sure how to install on Kodi 19
Can yo share instructions please and thank you for keeping this great skin alive!

Get a download from the GIT repository (Click Green "Code" button, option at bottom of liet to Download ZIP , save that download to a location where your Kodi can access somehow (on same device, or any network device you can reach from Kodi).

Then just follow steps as seen:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Ho...a_ZIP_file

After install has completed, you should then see the "Aura" skin as an option to switch to in the Kodi admin.
GM did as you said
Went to code, download zip
It is called skin.aura-master.zip
Put in a directory (I knew how to do this on my Kodi)
Installed from ZIP 
But it says can not install missing dependencies

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, cause I have installed some other apps for KODI 19 via this method with ZIP file that work fine
Thank you
@kcook_shield already test your mod

I've a little problem...
Posters don't display on tv-shows but work ok on movies.
Any idea?

Image Image Image Image
I will take a look at missing posters and the failed dependencies issues in the next couple days.
(2021-03-14, 16:07)dallasnights Wrote: GM did as you said
Went to code, download zip
It is called skin.aura-master.zip
Put in a directory (I knew how to do this on my Kodi)
Installed from ZIP 
But it says can not install missing dependencies

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, cause I have installed some other apps for KODI 19 via this method with ZIP file that work fine
Thank you

I tried a fresh install of Kosi Matrix on windows, then tried to add my skin via the zip and it worked for me without errors (it does take a while to install, be patient after starting the install of the zip)

Perhaps try again, and if still an issue, could you let me know what dependency it is mentioning, or get me the logs and I can try and figure it out.
(2021-03-14, 18:07)Zpower Wrote: @kcook_shield already test your mod

I've a little problem...
Posters don't display on tv-shows but work ok on movies.
Any idea?
I tried a fresh kodi install, then installed this skin and I am seeing posters as expected.

There maybe something else going on that I just can't see yet. Perhaps a log file from you would help.

Are you using any special addon to handle resources like posters, etc?
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19