kodi not installing custom builds
i downloaded kodi 17.6 on freshly factory reset firestick. kodi install fine. when I try to install a custom build, I reboot fire stick and when kodi loads back up....nothing. it just as I installed kodi. is there a known issue in the last day or so? ty
Which custom build are you trying to install?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It doesn't matter, they are all banned aren't they?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No i don‘t think we can generalize here in theory...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
could be something he has modified himself for his own personal use and may only include pretty colours and nice fanart...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-26, 08:14)Memphiz Wrote: No i don‘t think we can generalize here in theory...

There speaks the voice of optimism over experience around here Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Let's just say that we do not support any custom "builds" that are related to piracy add-on etc and we don't give any support for this crap.

@Karellen simple skin adjustments don't require a "build" but a simple ZIP install from the personalized skin Wink
This thread goes from humorious to outright laffable, what's next blonde jokes?
Even for piracy purposes, custom builds all suck. Just don't. Learn and customize by self.
(2018-02-26, 08:16)Karellen Wrote: could be something he has modified himself for his own personal use and may only include pretty colours and nice fanart...

Oh my god, I have EXACTLY that setup at home, that’s a build?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2691296

Oops ☹️
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
No, as da-anda explained it is not a build, but like you many people misunderstand the difference between a skin mod and a build.

That was the intent of my post to highlight this line of thinking.
My Signature
@Karellen, I actually do know the difference, I unfortunately made a joke that fell flat, my bad 😢

My post also was to show the line of this thinking also
My Setup thread |
Maybe he means he's using one of garbear's gaming builds! Or montellese's media importing builds. Those are actually real custom builds. Because, y'know, they require actual building.

I doubt it, but you never know.
@natethomas this is a problem I’ve had in reverse to the forum, at home...

For example, I’ve had someone ask me build a ‘Kodi box’, I replied that there ain’t such thing, he then pointed out the Kodi branded Flirc case under the telly.... ‘that’s a box with Kodi on it’. And as Estuary is modded BY ME, (see my sig for my setup) I’ve been accused in my own flat that I use builds and pirated addons. Not to mention that I have a large legit collection of DVDs on my server, I’m still accused of using ‘insert banned addon’ and that Kodi is getting those ‘sources from the web’.... in my own living room.

So, on a serious note, on the wiki should we have a glossary of terms so that we can point to people what is REALLY meant by builds/wizards and other words that get misinterpreted?

On the other hand it would be one of those pages that doesn’t get read by, you know, new forum members.....
My Setup thread |
Hi tjay260476

https://kodi.wiki/view/Glossary

Please feel free to add to it...

hmm, just noticed someone added the computer definition of Build, not the Kodi specific definition. (hope that wasn't me Wink )
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi not installing custom builds0