PVR WMC Client Add-on couldn't be loaded
I just realized this might be the HTTP I enabled and with the default of "use urls instead of .... for live TV."  I've turned that off and I'm trying again.

Nope.  Not that.  Same result as before.
@WMCuser

https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you, Karellen.  I'm a total noob on Kodi.  But, loving what I see so far.
(2018-03-10, 04:25)WMCuser Wrote: How do I get to the context menu? 

Press the 'C' key or remote button mapped to 'C' key.

I'll have to try watching a live channel later.
@WMCuser 

Its an issue with wmc's setup.  You have 4 tuners, but when you tune to the channel you showed in the log, wmc's config is reporting 8 tuners to swmc.  You can see this and fix it in wmc by selecting that channel in wmc's edit channel list and then choosing "edit sources".  When this screen opens you'll see that the channel has 8 tuner sources enabled rather than the 4 it should have.  You can fix the problem by disabling the four tuners at the bottom of the list, then the channel should play in kodi (I can't recall, but you might need to restart swmc and kodi after making the change).

When this problem comes up, users typically only have a couple of channels that have this bad config problem.  If you find however that ALL of your channels have this problem, and if you have hundreds of channels, you'll find the above a pretty tedious fix.  So then your options are to either redo the wmc setup to fix this problem for every channel, or to change an swmc setting so that swmc picks the live-tv tuner in the same order that wmc does, i.e. wwmc will pick the tuner starting at the top of the source list rather then the bottom.  There are some downsides to doing this as far as swmc goes.  If you want to go that route let me know and I can explain how to do it.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Krusty,

Thank you.  Turns out all my channels have either 8 or 12 tuners.  Weird.  I need to fix that somehow.

As a test, I deselected all but the first 4 tuners on a couple of channels and then rebooted both the PC and the Pi3.  I had to reinstall the WMC Client Add On several times before it was successfully installed and started.  Sadly, same results as before.  I tried a couple of channels with only 4 tuners and then one channel with 8 tuner.  

I can see that difference in the log file, but I don't know what else to look for.

Latest log at https://pastebin.com/cVEDqQ2L if I can persuade you to give me any more guidance.

Thank you.
According to the log, it is still not finding any data output from the tuners, assuming you disabled only the bogus tuners, I don't know why this is happening.  If you disabled the wrong tuners, then wmc shouldn't be able to watch that channel either, I assume you have checked this.  It looks like you are also using emby, is that working for live tv?  If you haven't given up yet, try starting a recording on the channel you tried in the log (either using wmc or kodi).  Once the recording starts recording, try to watch the program in kodi while it is recording (using the recording list), let me know if that works.
Krusty,

Thank you.  I've confirmed I can watch the channel (5.1 and the others for which I de-selected excess tuners) on the Media Center box.

I can also start a recording from Kodi on the RPi3, I can then watch the recording in near-real time (maybe 30 seconds behind live once the recording start and I get to the recording menu and go the "Current Recordings" area).  I ca skip forward to just barely behind live, but then I get a little buffering before the stream is stable.

I'm not using emby.  Or at least not intending to use it.  I don't see it in my add-on list.  How do I get rid of it?

Thanks again.  I appreciate your continued help.
What version of kodi is running on the pi? And what's the version of of
Pvr.wmc?
Edit:  Never mind on kodi I see that you are running kodi 17.  When you have kodi up on the pi go to the pvr.wmc addon page and tell me what version of it you see there.
Krusty,

ServerWMC version: 1.0.0.62 Build 1244
LibreElec 8.2.4 (kernal: Linux 4.9.59)  (auto upgrade tonight on one of these)
Kodi version: Build: Kodi 17.6 Git: a9a7a20 Compiled Mar 8 2018
PVR WMC Client version: 1.4.9.1

Thank you yet again for any help you can provide.
I'm not sure where you are getting that pvr.wmc rev from, but it doesn't matter because I remembered that the swmc log that you posted lists the pvr.wmc version when the pi connects.  So looking at that log, I see that the pvr.wmc rev is (from the log):
2018/03/13 21:09:23.693 AddonVersion> client: 'Kodi^KodiPi' has addon/plugin version: 1.3.0, OS: linux

This is maybe why you are having trouble loading the pvr.wmc addon.  For the kodi 17.6 the version of pvr.wmc is 1.4.9.  For example when you download kodi17.6 for windows, this is the version of pvr.wmc that comes with it.  I have no experience with openelec so I'm not sure how you get the pvr addons, but if you are running kodi17.6, this is the version of pvr.wmc that you need.

I don't think the above is related to the fact that live streams won't start once you force this old version of pvr.wmc to load.  For that, try the experiment below when you have time:
1.  On the debug tab of swmc open the settings file and search for Timeout_WaitForTS_MS.  When you find it, change the line it is on to 20000 instead of 10000, ie.:
<Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>20000</Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>
After making this change save the settings file in the text editor.
2.  Then, also on the debug tab, uncheck where it says "delete temporary stream files".
3.  Then restart swmc and then your kodi client.  On your client, try to start a live stream on that same channel you tried in the previous log you posted.  

After it fails: on your wmc computer, go to your recorded tv folder and open the directory that swmc creates there called 'tempswmc'.  Inside of there, you should see both a .wtv file and a .ts file.  Let me know the sizes of those files.  If you can, try to play each of the files with any player software that you have on the windows machine, and let me know what you find.
The file is 510,720 KB.  If I try to play it with VLC I get nothing. Ditto if I try to play it with Windows Media Center.  In contrast, if I click on other recording files, they open up in WMC and play fine.

If I try to play it with Windows Media Player (not center, but player), I get nothing and the file size shrinks to 768 KB.  Weird.
Hey Krusty could I bother you for some help I’m trying to get WMC Server/Client to work but so far I’m stuck I can’t play recorded Tv shows and can not watch Live Tv it acts like it’s going to start to play but then it stops
That's the kind or problem you get if pvr.wmc can't access the recorded tv folder.  But the only way to know for sure is if you provide the log file.  You can get to the log file through the 'debug' tab of serverwmc.  Then post the log on pastebin.com and put a link to it in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR WMC Client Add-on couldn't be loaded0