Kodi not picking up Meta Data
I am backing up my All In The Family Box Set and having trouble with some episodes where the Meta Data is not being seen by Kodi.  About 1/2 the episodes info is seen and shown in Kodi but the others have no title, description etc. 

Here is an example Meta Data file for Season 2 Episode 10

php:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<MPL Title="JRSidecar" Version="2.0">

-<Item>

<Field Name="Filename">F:\Media\TV Shows\All In The Family\Season 2\All In The Family S02E10.mkv</Field>

<Field Name="Media Type">Video</Field>

<Field Name="Media Sub Type">TV Show</Field>

<Field Name="Series">All in the Family</Field>

<Field Name="Season">2</Field>

<Field Name="Episode">10</Field>

<Field Name="Name">The Insurance Is Canceled</Field>

<Field Name="Series Description">Legendary and controversial series focused on conservative working stiff Archie Bunker fighting the tide of social change and dealing with flighty wife Edith, daughter Gloria and left-leaning son-in-law Michael Stivic.</Field>

<Field Name="Description">Archie's insurance policy is canceled when his neighborhood is redlined as a bad risk.</Field>

<Field Name="TheTVDB Series ID">72741</Field>

<Field Name="Director">|John Rich|Lee Kalcheim|</Field>

<Field Name="Language"/>

<Field Name="Duration">1500</Field>

<Field Name="Date">25944</Field>

<Field Name="Country"/>

<Field Name="TV Channel">CBS</Field>

<Field Name="Studios">CBS</Field>

<Field Name="Actors">Carroll O'Connor; Jean Stapleton; Rob Reiner; Sally Struthers; Liz Torres; Danielle Brisebois; Phil Proctor; Rafael Campos</Field>

<Field Name="Genre">Comedy</Field>

<Field Name="Rating">8.6</Field>

<Field Name="Content Rating">TV-G</Field>

<Field Name="Comment ">Metadata generated by Media Center Master free version.</Field>

</Item>

</MPL>

I cannot see why Kodi doesn't see this information. The Meta Data file is being created automaticly and like I posted half work and the other half doesn't. I tried to refresh the episodes locally and from the internet and nothing.

Any suggestions?
Hello poongamer

That example... What is it? Where does it come from?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi - that is the actual file on my computer. I use Media Center Master and it makes the meta data files for my movies.

All the meta data files are made with the same format from MCM.
Ok, thanks.

Unfortunately that file is not compatible with Kodi. Is Media Center Master compatible with Kodi? Does it say that somewhere on their website?

Please read our NFO Pages which details the correct tags... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That seems weird. I use that for all my movies and never once had any issue. Works great with all my movies and it worked fine with most of the TV episodes on this box sets and all the episodes in my others. Seems to be compatible but I will read that link. Just cannot see how it’s not compatible when it works fine on over 500 movies and tv shows.
Ok, you will probably hate my response and want to argue it, but I don't think any of your nfo files have ever worked. I think that Kodi has just ignored your files and scraped from online sources, and you have not realised.

How about you crate a debug log (wiki)?

1. Choose a movie that uses one of your NFO Files and remove it from your library
2. enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
3. restart Kodi
4. Run an Update Library to scan your movie into the library. We can then check the log and see where the information came from. I believe it will have ignored your nfo file.
5. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/

Once, we clear that up, we can then head down the right path for the issue with that particular episode you mention.
My Signature
I know very little about this stuff - what you are saying is probably the case and I never knew it.  I hope I did the log correctly - https://pastebin.com/wwY3njCE

Just a little info. I redid the Meta Data with TMM and same issues.

This is how it is setup TV Shows -> All In the Family -> Season 2...In this folder there is now a Metadata folder that has a JPG for each episode and an .xml file for each episode. The XML files are named the same as the .mkv file 'All In The Family S02E10'. The only other things in the Season 2 folder is the .mkv files and a thumbnail file.

After I removed MCM I ran TMM and redid all the Metadata - I then removed the All In The Family shows, an Clean Library, then rescanned and the episodes that issues before still do...the new Metadata file for this episode (again this is just 1 of a few) is:

php:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Item>

<ID>10</ID>

<EpisodeID>94885</EpisodeID>

<EpisodeNumber>10</EpisodeNumber>

<SeasonNumber>2</SeasonNumber>

<seasonid>4659</seasonid>

<seriesid>72741</seriesid>

<Added>3/4/2018 3:03:00 PM</Added>

<FirstAired>1971-11-27</FirstAired>

<DVD_chapter/>

<DVD_discid/>

<DVD_episodenumber>10.0</DVD_episodenumber>

<DVD_season>2</DVD_season>

<Director>|John Rich|Lee Kalcheim|</Director>

<GuestStars>|Phil Proctor|Rafael Campos|</GuestStars>

<IMDB_ID/>

<Language>en</Language>

<ProductionCode>210</ProductionCode>

<Rating>0</Rating>

<Writer>|Lee Kalcheim|Michael Ross|Bernie West|</Writer>

<absolute_number/>

<airsafter_season/>

<airsbefore_episode/>

<airsbefore_season/>

<Combined_episodenumber/>

<Combined_season/>

<EpisodeName>The Insurance Is Canceled</EpisodeName>

<Overview>Archie's insurance policy is canceled when his neighborhood is redlined as a bad risk.</Overview>

<filename>/94885.jpg</filename>

</Item>
Ok, looks like the movie you removed and added back is The Exorcist. This is the log entry at line 1636. It clearly shows the NFO File was not used and information was retrieved from TheMovieDB site.

cpp:
16:40:39.492 T:16680 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'F:\Media\DVD\Excorcist, The (1973) [DVD] [R] [voted 0.0] [Horror]\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO'
16:40:39.493 T:16680 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Excorcist, The' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '5.1.2')

Your second attempt above is still incorrect. I am a user of TMM also, and I don't think that nfo file was created by TMM.

Please read the TV Show nfo page. There is also an example NFO File in section 4 for TV Show and Episodes. Click the Expand button in the green boxes. You can simply copy the sample and edit the correct data into it.

As for the episode problem. Can you tell me the actual name of the episode file. It wasn't shown in the log as the show was skipped "due to no change". The TV Show name is correct, so I think it might be a simple error in the episode name, at this stage.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not picking up Meta Data0